1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How can I block numbers

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Carter0129, May 22, 2010.

1. Carter0129

Carter0129 New Member

How can I block numbers on my motorola droid???
  2. gszeman

gszeman New Member

If you have Verizon, they have a spam filter. Go to their site and look for spam controls or something...they let you do 5 free of charge.

There is also an app called call filter...I haven't tried it, so I don't know how well it works.

On XDA-Developers site there is a modified dialer that has an add to blacklist option for callers..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. LtKen

LtKen New Member

I'd start with gszeman's approaches. Are you trying to block private calls? Spam? Annoying ex-es? You can also add your name to the National Do Not Call Registry...
  4. Carter0129

Carter0129 New Member

What's the National Do Not Call Registry?
  5. Joker

Joker New Member

It's a List to keep telemarketers from calling a number that you have registered with them [the registry]. The website is www.donotcall.gov
  6. Carter0129

Carter0129 New Member

Ok, thanks for all the help
  7. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Hey bro, I use a paid app (pretty cheap for what you get) that blocks calls AND texts from whatever numbers you add to the blacklist. Its not the best looking app, but it works well and it has a LOT of options. Called aFirewall (android firewall).

You can have numbers go right to voicemail without bothering you, texts form people go in a log in the app if you want, but don't show in your messaging app... it's sweet
  8. CBLJazz

CBLJazz New Member

If you dont a recipient to see your number when you call dual

*67 then their #
  9. Joker

Joker New Member

Unfortunately some numbers does not accept blocked Caller IDs so you will have to hang up and redial without the *67. I think you get a message stating such and it tells you to dial *82 before the number. The "*82" is only neccessary if you have a permanent blocked Caller ID.
  10. jgumphress

jgumphress New Member

Do not call registry is a joke. My number has been listed for years and I still get telemarketers. And they don't take complaints seriously.
  11. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire New Member

Same. Do not call registry is joke. I've started to give my google voice number out for everything now. Telemarketer? Google allows unlimited blocking. :) You'd think if Google can do that for a free service, Verizon would be able to do it for a $60+/month service.... Not sure if you can block calls when Google Voice uses your number but you might want to check it out.
  12. KevinJ

KevinJ Member

I don't know. I registered the house phone and all cell phones with "Do Not Call" when it first started, and we don't get telemarketer calls. We did beforehand.

Perhaps we're just lucky. :) {knock wood}
  13. gszeman

gszeman New Member

Thanks for the info icculusX...does the app allow you to drop/hangup the call? Or is it only send to voicemail?

Thanks.
    G
  14. gregwynings

gregwynings New Member

try security guarder its free and works pretty good.
  15. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I think theres an option where it picks up and hangs up right away. I never tested it tho, I just have them forwarded to my VM.
  16. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

this list really works too. however they find another way to reach you
  17. nocoolname

nocoolname New Member

Is there an app that will let me let me forward certain numbers only?
  18. takeshi

takeshi New Member

It can't. GV doesn't handle calls directly to your carrier's number. That's why they say that you only get voicemail without a Google number. Other features require the use of your GV number.

Personally, though, I find the options for handling unwanted calls a major plus to Google Voice.
    Blocking unwanted calls : Privacy and Security - Google Voice Help
  19. kevdog

kevdog New Member

+1 on the google voice recommendation. You just set up a filter for whatever numbers you want to block, or give a default drop stance to numbers you don't list that can be let through. Its great.
  20. GrillMouster

GrillMouster New Member

The Do Not Call Registry does not apply to charities or political messages. As for other businesses (telemarketers), before calling you they're supposed to run your number through the Do Not Call Registry. If you're listed on the registry they're not supposed to call you, unless you have previously done business with them. If you have done business with them, then you can demand that they add you to their "do not call list". They have so many weeks to add you to their own "do not call list", and after that time the same rules of the Do Not Call Registry apply; they're not supposed to call you again.

If they do call you, then they can pay a penalty up to $1600 per call to the FTC. Most suggest that you mail them a registered letter (delivery confirmation) with specifics (who called, when, what time, if you've done business with them in the past then include who you spoke with and when you asked to be added to their do not). In this letter you state that you will report them or they can settle for something like $250. Most will settle for the lesser amount. Some companies have already been fined millions for violations.

The key is that you've got to log down information, like who called (specific name of the person & company), when they called (date and time), etc.. Phone records are definitive; so there's no way that they can deny calling you. Some recommend leaving a notepad and pen by your home phone for this purpose.

As for the OP's question about how to block a number, a lot of information has already been provided. I just wanted to say that you could add the number that's calling you to your contacts. Then, on that contact's screen hit the menu button and go to Options. There's an option to always send calls from that contact to voicemail. If you have multiple persons that you want to block, instead of creating a separate contact entry for each of them, you could just have one contact, named "Blocked Callers" or something like that, and add all of the problem phone numbers under that contact (you can add a bunch of phone numbers to a single contact). If you use Google Voice, rather than your carrier, for your voicemail, you can create a briref personalized voicemail greeting for that contact saying "you're officially on notice to stop calling me. If you call me again, that's harassment, and I will report you to the authorities. This call has been logged." Google Voice will keep a list of all of these calls. If the person tries calling you from a different number, just add that number to the "Blocked Callers" contact.
Search tags for this page
block a number on droid
block number droid incredible
blocking phone numbers on droid dna
can i block a number on my adroid
can u blck a number on net 10
can you block calls on an driod incredibale

droid incredible block number

how do i block a number on my droi
how do i block numbers on the s4
how to block a number on a droid

how to block a number on android incredible