How Can enable WiFi on Droid?

sunshine

Reaction score
Hi,
After searching this forum and accessing "Help" on my Droid, I still have not been able to access my easy WiFi network. Can anyone please provide detailed assistance? I have m easy WiFi network checked along with report locations checked. I receive a notification that indicates that WiFi is available and also that WiFi is not connected. I don't understand the "disconnect" between these notifications and I'm obviously not doing something. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

slayda

Reaction score
Did you select one of the WIFIs that are available? One that either is not secured or that you have a password for?

OP
S

sunshine

Reaction score
I have selected a WiFi that is available - for example "Simon Mall" while shopping and trying to access this at a widespread Simon Mall WiFi location while attempting to troubleshoot this problem. It appears that the problem is either with Simon Mall, Starbucks, etc., or with me and my droid. I can only imagine the issues that I will encounter if trying to use "droid" in Europe when I can not have it work in my own house (WiFi with Comcast) or at my neighborhood mall or Starbucks.... It has been suggested that I check with our corporate Verizon store (which I will do tomorrow) or contact tech support - I'll keep everyone updated to share in this dilemma which via google seems to happen to many users. In addition, I submitted paperwork for a $100. rebate which has of yet not been recognized by Verizon/Droid. I have all copies of this paperwork transaction; however, again, this will require yet more time, more copies, more mailings and more emails..... Is anything ever simple? If a rebate is not offered via email/computer, I am finished submitting copies, receipts and mailings......

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why WiFi? Is it faster?

Wifi is the same speed that your High Speed Internet is on your modem. Or at least close too it. Much faster then 3G. If you can get it to work right. I have problems keeping mine from losing connection unless I'm close by the router.

OP
S

sunshine

Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies. I traveled this morning to our corporate Verizon store for a bit of assistance with this perplexing problem. It appears that the "Easy WiFi" application that I've been using is probably not the best resource. (Ha) The employees at the store recommended that I call customer service and get a direct response for the problem while I am sitting next to my router at home...

I really want to address this issue so that I may be able to use 'droid' in Europe via the WiFi networks.

Thanks again.