how can AT&T claim faster 3G speeds?

jasonb

Reaction score
a test done by PC World in 13 major cities: - PC World AT&T was only faster than Verizon in 2 of the 13 cities, one of which they were barely faster. so how can they claim they are faster?

Last edited:

Lady Droid

Reaction score
Simple... they carry the iPhone, so they think they can claim that unicorns live in their cell towers or world peace is but an app away, and get away with it. :p In truth, they have so many people brainwashed with their hype and marketing spin that they make up stuff and it's just accepted. Now that Verizon's been calling them out for their BS, though, they're finally getting exposed.

redruler

Reaction score
The same way every auto insurance company claims that the average person saves over $400.00 when you switch to them.

boatman2220

Reaction score
You got to remember that the IPhone is their darling, and so many people have been brainwashed, into thinking anything connected in any way to it is great.
I've noticed ATT have been pushing a few other phones on their commercials lately. Not as many jumping for the IPhone as there used to be. Apple sells a lifestyle, and you get to belong to the club if you buy in. Kinda like Harley's marketing, be a individual, BUT, let us sell you the matching clothes.

zudien

Reaction score
It's theoretical number based on their network infrastructure. ATT (me being a former loyal ATT follower) has not been spending the increased revenue of iPhone sales on their network so it lags.

So in theory when you have a 3G connection and it is under low load it's blazing. I mean really, and I have seen it myself. Unfortunately once the network gets put under a heavier workload things go south quickly.

Edit: I will make this comparison. Would you rather have an sports car with 200,000 miles on the original motor and transmission that's broke most of the time but man does she fly when she runs.

Or would rather have a modified Off Road SUV that make not go the fastest on the road but you know for almost certain you are going to get where you are going no matter the case.

Last edited:

Guindalf

Reaction score
The same way every auto insurance company claims that the average person saves over $400.00 when you switch to them.

It's all in the wording. Insurance companies claim that "people who switch" save over $400. All the people who DON'T switch because it's more expensive are excluded from that statement!