How best to upgrade from Liberty 2.0.1 to LGB?

cottagevillebill

Reaction score
I'm on the Liberty 2.0.1, but the only listing I have in my nightlie is v7. Am I missing something?? It doesn't show v1.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just made the jump to liberty gb from liberty 2.0.1 yesterday. Freaking awesome. I didn't think it would be so much better than Froyo but, it is. If you're on a d2 you need to get on the gb leak first before dl liberty gb. The gb leak can be found all over the forums and at droid life.com now I went to the leak then right to 0.5. I woke up this morning to 0.7 and it won't dl. This is not good if you're just coming over to lgb. I'm lucky I did it yesterday and didn't wait a min longer! Hopefully 0.7 will be working soon

Droid 2 liberated gingerbread v0.5

JerryB

Reaction score
Still a little confused about how to get back to stock Froyo from LB 2.01. I used the 1 click root on my phone originally, so should I just use clockwork to back me up to the stock settings and then click unroot on the one click root?

After this is done what exactly do I do??? I install Gingerbread (but how do I install that without the DroidX bootstrapper. Once i have installed the two files (somehow) from P3Droid, am I able to root again with another one-click root such as z4root that I used originally???

As you can see I am quite lost and elementary step by step instructions would really help me out. I'm sure there are some others that would agree

Thanks!

Last edited:

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
Use these instructions if on 2.0.1 or v0.1-0.5 of Liberty, in order to get your phone ready to flash LGB v0.6 or newer:

1) Root your phone
2) Install bootstrap recovery

3) Make sure you are on Gingerbread 4.5.596

4) Reboot into clockwork recovery
5) Select "wipe data/factory reset" (this will wipe your device)
6) select "Yes -- delete all data"
7) Go back "powerbutton"
8) Select "install zip from sdcard"
9) Select "choose zip from sdcard"
10) Find and select the ROM you downloaded
11) Reboot

And there you go. :)

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still a little confused about how to get back to stock Froyo from LB 2.01. I used the 1 click root on my phone originally, so should I just use clockwork to back me up to the stock settings and then click unroot on the one click root?

After this is done what exactly do I do??? I install Gingerbread (but how do I install that without the DroidX bootstrapper. Once i have installed the two files (somehow) from P3Droid, am I able to root again with another one-click root such as z4root that I used originally???

As you can see I am quite lost and elementary step by step instructions would really help me out. I'm sure there are some others that would agree

Thanks!

Not sure I follow what you're asking. There are step by step instructions on that thread where you got the files. You will install gingerbread in cw. Once you reboot, you will be on rooted gingerbread so you won't have to manually root with a one click again.

JerryB

Reaction score

Thanks!

Not sure I follow what you're asking. There are step by step instructions on that thread where you got the files. You will install gingerbread in cw. Once you reboot, you will be on rooted gingerbread so you won't have to manually root with a one click again.

I think I understand now, but just want to make sure one more time. I am currently on LB2.01. All I need to do is install Stock Gingerbread in clockwork and then install LGB.07???

Does this sound right to everyone? Maybe I'm making it too complicated...

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds right. Start at stock froyo, flash the gb leak, then you may jump on liberty gb. I just did it on my d2. Awesome. This is what I did
Liberty 2.0 -wipe in cw -flash gb leak
GB leak -wipe in cw -flash liberty gb
Done and done

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

mursepaolo

Reaction score
can i just buy the donate toolbox and update to v.1 from 1.5 using the toolbox?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes dl the toolbox. But, if 0.1 isn't there (it may not be anymore), dl and flash the dx gb leak that's prerooted and then flash the newest nightly to get on lgb. Either way, it's definitely doable

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

mursepaolo

Reaction score
Yes dl the toolbox. But, if 0.1 isn't there (it may not be anymore), dl and flash the dx gb leak that's prerooted and then flash the newest nightly to get on lgb. Either way, it's definitely doable

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

ok so far i've updated her phone using the donate toolbox from 1.5 to 2.0.1. i've also downloaded part 1 and 2 from the instructions. so i just flash those two parts, then flash the nightly from the toolbox?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yup. Sounds right. I'm on a d2 so it's a little different and i dont have direct experience with it but from what I read you're on the right track. Just follow the thread to get on the leak and once there, you can flash lgb. Just a little tip, most roms automatically mount system and data but i always do it manually in cw (go to mounts and storage) just to be safe when flashing any rom (gb and liberty gb)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7