How best to upgrade from Liberty 2.0.1 to LGB?

Reaction score
I officially request a STICKY with instructions on how to upgrade from Liberty 2.0.1 to LGB. There are way too many questions and I think they should be consolidated to a single thread.

Koveleski? Mobile Sensei? JRummy? Anyone? Plz?

bobAbooey

Reaction score
Sbf back to stock froyo. Install the 2 files from team black hat. Root froyo. Use d2 bootstrap and flash both files before rebooting. Reboot after install. You'll now be rooted and on 596. Then you can install v0.6.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
What two files from TBH?

Also, why the d2 bootstrap?

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
oh, thanks. so what are the two files I need, and where do I get lgb .6?

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Its easier to buy Liberty TB donate, then D/L and install Liberty v1. After that, install v6.

Clear cache/data when install v1, but not on v6.

NO SBF NEEDED

WAZZSUP

Reaction score
Its easier to buy Liberty TB donate, then D/L and install Liberty v1. After that, install v6.

NO SBF NEEDED

It took me 20 min's to go from 2.01 to V6 using the above steps. In the Liberty paid ( donated ) version simply go to nightlies and follow the directions for V1 then straight to V6...truly a piece of cake.

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
I prefer to do things the manual way. I'm glad it worked for you, but if it doesn't work for me, I don't want to be trying to figure out where it failed.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You dx guys are lucky. You can do the entire jump from the toolbox. Us d2 cats have to jump on the monster leak, then the nightlies. Its just a little more of a pain. I wish there was a full V0.1 for d2

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

zman2904

Reaction score
You dx guys are lucky. You can do the entire jump from the toolbox. Us d2 cats have to jump on the monster leak, then the nightlies. Its just a little more of a pain. I wish there was a full V0.1 for d2

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

I have been through the toolbox, and have not found any way to jump from 2.0.1 to LGB am i missing something?

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score

NO SBF NEEDED

It took me 20 min's to go from 2.01 to V6 using the above steps. In the Liberty paid ( donated ) version simply go to nightlies and follow the directions for V1 then straight to V6...truly a piece of cake.

How is it that there is no SBF needed? VZW/Moto usually upgrade kernel and radio drivers with each version of Android they release. If I do this, will I get those updates too, or will I be on some bastardized version like when we upgraded to the Froyo Leak?