1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How badly does the number of widgets used effect the battery?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Aluminum21, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Aluminum21

Aluminum21 New Member

Something like calendar widget compared to a facebook widget with has constant updates
  2. frankieg22x

frankieg22x New Member

i was wondering about this also. I was also curious if the number of apps on the home screen uses more battery for the display.

free bump
  3. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

The more a widget updates the more battery resources it'll use. This is only natural... (using data/syncing will use juice)
    You can check the amount of battery consumption by pressing Menu > settings > about phone > battery use. (if you think something is using excessive battery this is the place to check)

The more apps on the home screen might make a difference but I wouldn't think it would be anything noticeable. The display is gonna be the no. 1 battery consumer on your device either way.
Search tags for this page
do number of apps on phone impact battery life?

do widgets affect battery life

do widgets affect battery life#gsc.tab
do widgets hurt battery life
do widgets on galaxy s3 affect battery life
does non active widget affec androidt
does widget affetcs the battery
does widgets in s3 consume battery
how bad do widgets affect your battery
how bad dors widgets hurt battery
how do android widgets affect battery consumption
widget effect battery

widgets affect battery life