How Badly Do You Want a New Google Nexus 7 Tablet? Find Them on eBay Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus7-ebay.png

One of the most exciting things to happen to Android in quite a while is undoubtedly their new Asus-made Nexus 7 tablets with Android 4.1/Jelly Bean. It's one of the most powerful Android tablets you can get (with a Tegra 3 quad-core CPU and a 12-core GPU), yet it also happens to be one of the cheapest at only $199.99. Obviously, there are a lot of folks eagerly and anxiously awaiting the release of the device later this month. However, some of us just must scratch that "instant gratification itch" and can't wait to get one.

Luckily there were quite a few devs and journalists that made it to Google I/O 2012 this year, and they were each graced with a shiny new special edition Google Nexus 7 device. Now, some of them have put those up for sale on eBay. The question is... how badly do you want one? Regardless of it being a special edition version, some of them are going for as much as double (or more) the regular retail price of the tablet. How much would you pay to get your hands on one of these? What is your level of patience worth? The above pic is just one amount that someone was willing to bid on one of these limited edition Nexus 7 tablets.

Here's a link to eBay just in case you simply can't wait anymore...

Source: NexusTablets.net via eBay

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol. Think I can wait the few weeks to get it from Google.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
not that bad ..i will wait

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Wish I had the motivation to develop stuff for Android. I would've tried to get one of these myself.

Oh well. Still not sure if I'm ready to switch from a PC/Laptop/Droid to a PC/Tablet/Droid setup quite yet.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
It's like with game consoles, and what not. When the 360/Wii/PS3 first launch, people stood in line just so they could sell it on eBay. They easily made 5x the amount they spent on the initial purchase.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'll bet you the price of a new Nexus 7 (MSRP, not those rip-off Ebay prices) that the first 10,000 owners will be soon be asking themselves, "WHAT THE HECK...I'M A BETA-TESTER?!?!?!??!"

There's leading edge, bleeding edge, and there's just plain stupid. For sure there will be hardware and software problems (come on, it even happens to Apple devices LOL). This is one device it just pays to wait a few months and first let the "plain stupid" work out the issues. Then, when it's all good, swoop in and pick one up at a reasonable $200.

-Matt