How bad is reception on note2?

Reaction score
I have a thunderbolt now, and It's time for something new. I wanted the galaxy s3 but was told and saw first hand that people were dropping calls. I'm not sure if that is a Boston Area thing or what? I have talked to a few samsung reps and they claim it is a software issue, but that they are aware of the problem and that issue was fixed in the Note 2. Can somone tell me what the signal stength is? I average around -70-80 dbm with the thunderbolt. I really want this phone but not if I am going to be dropping calls...

Caesars

Reaction score
I can't tell you what it's like around your location, but I can say that it beats out my maxx connection wise.

Return of the Android

geoff5093

Reaction score
I've noticed the Note 2 to be about 5-10dBm worse than the DNA and Thunderbolt, but so far I haven't had a problem with it even in poor coverage areas.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
In Kansas - no signal / connection issues with the Note 2...I have the S3 as well and it definitely seems improved.

Wadman

Reaction score
Consistently my signal strength is around 114-118 dbm. In my building that I work in, I never was able to get a 4g signal with my nexus and now I have a great connection. I work in a school so there are tons of wires and network cables that have always caused me to drop calls. I did a conference call with my new note and it lasted 20 minutes or so and was clear as a bell. So yes. For me the signal is much better than my nexus. I didn't know how bad my signal really was until I got this beast!!!!

Tonik

Reaction score
No issues here at all. Calls are rock solid and voice quality is far better than my Bionic. Data is also rock solid.

Domestic violence

Reaction score
I'm hesitant to take the plunge having had so many issues with the Nexus. My Maxx is like a tank.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm hesitant to take the plunge having had so many issues with the Nexus. My Maxx is like a tank.

This phone is like night and day from the nexus. But I understand as i swore off samsung devices after my nexus. Amazing what having better reception will do with how you feel about a oem.

toperm

Reaction score
I am consistently around 105.. Have not lost a call yet where my Charge lost lots of calls.

daudi81

Reaction score
I've had the nexus, s3, and now the note 2. The nexus had bad reception, the note 2 does not. My wife had my old s3 and we compare signal strengths and speed, and the note 2 consistently does better. It obviously has different hardware in the reception department because it's very noticeable in my area.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Serpico

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ANDRAC.co
Perfect here in Dallas/Ft. Worth areas. Solid sound quality with no complaints from the other side either.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
What apps are everyone using to measure signal strength?

Most people are probably just using what the phone itself shows for signal strength (Settings -> About Phone -> Status) instead of using an app.

The reception on my Note 2 has been rock solid. Samsung made some major strides on the reception front with the S3, and they've refined that even further with the Note 2. Like many, I had major reception issues with the Nexus (as well as the Charge and Stratosphere), but the S3 and now the Note 2 have been a night and day difference when compared to those devices.

big al

Reaction score
coming from a VZW Gnex it is fantastic. I thought the signal around here sucked when it was indeed my phone. and yes my wife still has her GNex and her signal still sucks