How are you prepping for the switch?

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by jawa6969, Mar 3, 2011.

1. jawa6969

jawa6969 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am coming from the Droid 1. I assume many are in the same boat. Without root on day 1 (which I hope wont last long), how are folks planning on moving and restoring app data and settings (like email and wifi) to the Thunderbolt? I am addicted to Titanium. LOL.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. Arachnidus

Arachnidus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been using the same SD card since my D1, currently on a 2. When I switch to my TB, I'll have my data. And, hopefully, the root already gained will help us out. Then, all we need is themes and ROMs.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

3. derekmiller12

derekmiller12 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was going to buy a case for it but after seeing videos I may hold off on the case because the phone seems really bulky to begin with.. Other than that I am just waiting..

4. ridobe

ridobe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's a great question. I'm in the same boat. I plan on copying my entire SD card from my DINC onto my computer and then copying it back to my new 32g (he!) card. I assume things will just stay dormant until I root this sucker then I can restore what I need. If anyone sees a flaw in this plan or has a better idea, please post.

5. kingdroid81

kingdroid81 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm gonna do this also. I also made a separate folder called "Phone_Mods" in Astro file mgr so all my root related zips, apk's, roms, etc are all in one place. Good thing to do when switching phones.

6. Blackhawk55

Blackhawk55 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To restore my Titanium backup, I need the TB to be rooted, correct? Are we at that point? Are the steps signed, sealed and delivered?