1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How about a Privacy app?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by AtlPikMan, Feb 25, 2010.

1. AtlPikMan

AtlPikMan New Member

There may already be an app like this but, if there isn't. How about an app that allows you to make Phone numbers and text private from the prying eyes of spouses, girlfriends and others. When i say private, i mean secretly buried in the phone somewhere and not just blocked in the contact list in plain sight. I know threre's someone out there that can make this, myself and many others will support. If there is something like this already out there let me know. :)
  2. AtlPikMan

AtlPikMan New Member

So...I take it, no one like this idea?
  3. TimChgo9

TimChgo9 New Member

I actually like the idea...

There is an element of "seediness" with something like this, like, if you suggest it, it means that you have something to hide. Yeah, of course there are things you don't want the g/f, b/f, spouse, fiance to see... If you are up to no good, that's your business.

There is practical use for it though . There are things that I would like to keep secured from prying eyes and not because I am up to no good. Being able to hide "sensitive" contacts, such as: Therapist, doctor, lawyer, and such, and text messages, or calls from them. Sometimes, it could be business related too,
  4. AtlPikMan

AtlPikMan New Member

Me suggesting in would make it seem like im up to no good but, Im not. I just think theres no much private info stored in our phones that there should be a way to keep it private. I like the text conversations but, if someone were to use my phone they have access to all my conversations, emails, contacts etc. Me no Likey that. Thanks for the reply.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  5. TimChgo9

TimChgo9 New Member

I apologize if I implied that you specifically were up to no good... I meant it in a general sense...

It's not necessarily strangers getting ahold of your phone, but family members, friends, or coworkers. Not only that, there is vengeful, or jealous ex-wives, husbands, girlfriends, or boyfriends. Hiding certain contacts, phone calls, and text messages would be a good thing on some levels. I've been through the "jealous ex" thing, and so have some friends of mine (male and female).. in my friend's case, his ex got a hold of his phone on a couple of occasions, or had the kids go through daddy's phone for names and numbers.

Just some thoughts on the matter, that's all.
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Have you looked at Mobil Defense or Wave Secure? Both of those have an internet site which will track down your Droid and you can wipe your information remotely. Available in the Market.
  7. CFH

CFH New Member

There's an app called SPC - Super Private Conversation.

I think it's pretty close to what you're looking for.
  8. gcon707

gcon707 New Member

bigger issue?

I think that a bigger issue may be the personal info collected by applications and sent to the developers to be sold to marketers. Is there any way to prevent info from being sent without my knowledge?
  9. tnronin

tnronin New Member

textsecure is what I use for my sms, it is 128 bit encrypted. You can time out the pass phrase so if it is taken you have that for your texts. HTH
  10. EricTheRed760

EricTheRed760 New Member

Or you could just use the Pin/Pattern/Password settings the phone comes with. As long as you're using passwords only you would know, and not making it super simple, nobody would be able to access your data.

Just a thought...
  11. carguy

carguy New Member

x2

And find a new 'spouses, girlfriends and others' :icon_ banana:
  12. tvs

tvs New Member

Privacy, Security

That is what I'm trying to find. With my Treo, I could just assing certain files to Private and to access these I typed in my code. I don't want to have to do a pin or swipe just to access the phone every time I use it. I only want to keep secret certain files/folder (those that contain cc info, ss#s, etc). I can't seem to fine an app that does this.
  13. tvs

tvs New Member

Privacy, Security

If that would mean I would have to use this pin every time I turned on the X2, even after it turned off after, for example 30 seconds; that is not what I'm looking for. I just want a code that would protect certain documents that I would access quite infrequently but have most important info (cc #s, pins, bank access, etc). Any other suggestions?
Search tags for this page
apps for the droid to keep things private
apps for your phone to keep some things private
best droid privacy app
boyfriend hiding apps on android
does the droid have a privacy app
droid app for text and phone privacy
droid apps phone privacy
droid photo privacy

droid privacy app

hide text spc phone
how to find hidden apps on android