Hound Personal Assistant

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've been using Hound off and on for a while and it may be at least as good as OK Google for getting results, maybe better in some respects. SoundHound's system includes a natural speaking engine, allowing it to interpret conversational English directions without forcing the user to memorize commands.

This video shows how it works.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I have been using SH for months as well. Seems like a good choice to me...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I will have to test it again ..prior versions didn't seem to be improvements over Google

6s Plus

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No offense meant, but I've changed the title to better reflect the subject. Sound Hound is a Shazam alternative. Their personal assistant app is just called Hound.

I haven't tried it since it was in beta. Seemed like it had some promise, but I'm highly invested in Google Now.

Can you launch hound by voice now, or do you still have to be in the app? That, along with it not having any android wear support at the time are 2 of the biggest things that sent me back to GN when I was checking out the beta. There are plenty of times when I just ask a simple question through my watch without having to get my phone out.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I feel like those reviewers are doing it an injustice then. SoundHound is the parent company. The product is Hound. SoundHound isn't an assistant app. It's a song identifier app. They're just perpetuating the confusion. Haha!

I knew it was out of beta now, but haven't tried it since it was in early beta.

You really find GN hard to get directions from? I just say, "OK Google, Navigate Home" or etc. and it brings up Maps and starts navigating.

OP
leeshor

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's not that Google Now is so hard, but it seems just a little more complicated sometimes than Hound for places I haven't gone before. That's especially true when I'm in my vehicle and traveling 60 MPH. ;)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel like those reviewers are doing it an injustice then. SoundHound is the parent company. The product is Hound. SoundHound isn't an assistant app. It's a song identifier app. They're just perpetuating the confusion. Haha!

I knew it was out of beta now, but haven't tried it since it was in early beta.

You really find GN hard to get directions from? I just say, "OK Google, Navigate Home" or etc. and it brings up Maps and starts navigating.
Perpetuating the confusion is when a costumer holds out their Samsung phone and tells me they're going to go to my companies website and order the product "offline" on their "iPhone".
I too tried Hound when it was in beta but it wasn't very accurate, needed to jump through gobs of hoops to get it onto more than 1 device and the app needed to be open to use it. Since I'm not much of a speak to search user anyway it was far too much hassle and I went back to being so last century and opening apps or my browser for searches.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><