Hotspot won't connect to internet

2BFluid

Reaction score
Hotspot won't connect to internet in secure mode, but will in open mode. Using Vista and Mozilla. Says phone is connected.

It also won't update.

Any ideas?

tnwildflower

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. in network and sharing center the pc and hotspot are showing connected but it will not connect to the internet on my pc. using the phone alone i have no issues using the internet, only when trying to use the laptop with the built in hotspot on the phone. i have tried numberous settings changes on the laptop and the phone, updated all the drivers and still can't connect. :frown: i'm at wits end and will be glad to get back into town and get my mifi card back from my daughter in law. still looking for ideas and verizon has been no help either. anybody else with idea?????

the laptop with the problem is windows vista and the phone is the pantech maradaur. thanks in advance if anyone has any suggestions.

starboy181

Reaction score
Computers will not even recognize my hotspot. It worked fine when I started using the hotspot but after two days of it the computers stopped recognizing them. I tried it with a friends computer and mine so I know it is not a problem with my computer. Please let me know if you have any tips.