hotmail setup

wendy5001

Reaction score
since my new incredible will be coming to me and not thru my trusty verizon store, how do i go about setting up my hotmail account? saw the walk thru on gmail but is hotmail the same? i'm converting from moto droid over to the incredible.

crappypunk

Reaction score
Hotmail is pretty easy, use the "email" app then just type your user name and password, it will auto detect hotmail's settings.. takes 2 mins to do

dlsanti

Reaction score
another option is to add hotmail or any POP3 mail to gmail thru account settings, as long as email isn't time sensitive on that account there shouldn't be an issue. also works on the paid version of yahoo mail, their free version is IMAP and is not supported.

sandytntn

Reaction score
hotmail problems

Gmail works great on DI, but hotmail does not. I don't know if I have something set wrong or what. Gmail is pushed thru imediately though I have to refresh Hotmail to get mail to come thru. Otherwise the hotmail only comes thru every 3-4 hrs on its own. The Verizon Rep. told me if you want hotmail to be pushed thru like gmail get a Blackberry. Is this true? She is right my former Blackberry did work much better for hotmail. I'm gonna have gmail collect my hotmail and see how that works.

Logan176

Reaction score
I too have the Incredible and the hotmail setup was a cinch. However, I realized that after I view an email on my phone, the email is still marked as unread when I check hotmail on my computer.

I'd really like hotmail on my phone and the computer to sync so that I don't have a massive amount of emails collecting on either device. Is there any way to do this with hotmail?

hellojenil

Reaction score
I have the gmail and I used my yahoo address for mail. Can I also add my hotmail account too? If so, can someone walk me thru adding a 3rd email account onto my incredible?

Newbie_nick

Reaction score
I have the gmail and I used my yahoo address for mail. Can I also add my hotmail account too? If so, can someone walk me thru adding a 3rd email account onto my incredible?

I use an app through the Marketplace called "Maildroid". It works with Hotmail pretty well, and I get my e-mails nearly as fast as on my computer. Also, if you delete it on your Droid, it will delete on the server, too. It just takes a little while to sync once you delete something (i.e. 30 min or so).

Logan176

Reaction score
That's pretty cool. I think I'll go download that app. Does it work with other email besides Hotmail?