Hotmail on the Eris

3nd0Man

Reaction score
Has anybody encountered this issue?
My wife has a hotmail account that she is very attached to (otherwise I'd tell her to switch completely over to a more IMAP-friendly account, ie gmail). After several days of working fine, the messages will completely stop coming in. I can delete the account and add it again, and it will function great for a couple of days then stop working again. I know hotmail functionality is working fine because I have one setup on my Eris that has worked fine since i've gotten it 6 weeks ago.

A factory reset did not appear to fix the problem, nor did the recent update. Could it have to do with the volume of email coming in? Her hotmail account is her main account for almost everything so she gets scores of messages per day. My hotmail is a specific use account, so I only get about 1-2 per day at the most.

Fairfax22032

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing last week...deleted the account and everything was fine (at least for now). This is my 'junk' e-mail account, so it is not a great loss if it does not work, but it is odd. I should try this with my Verizon account to see if the same thing happens.

OP

3nd0Man

Reaction score
Update:
Hotmail on my phone stopped working as well. Maybe the Eris will only take a certain # of messages before it stops being able to accept new messages. I set my account to keep 30 days worth of messages, maybe I need to reduce that significantly on my wife's and my phone. We'll see. If this is the fix...lame.