Hotmail issues with Droid 4

Blackeyes24

Reaction score
I recently upgraded from a Droid 2 to a Droid 4. I love almost everything about the new phone except the way it syncs my hotmail as compared to the old phone. On my old phone only the messages that went into my hotmail inbox showed up on my phone. On my new phone all the messages that I have going to another folder using rules end up on my phone. That means I've got between 30-40 groupon and living social type deals showing up as new messages on my phone every day even though they are scheduled to go to a separate folder. Is there a way to prevent this?

Also if I delete something on my phone it deletes it in my hotmail account. Is there a setting that I could change that would allow me to delete stuff on my phone without it deleting it from my hotmail account? Its not a big deal if there isnt but it would be nice if I could clear my phone without clearing my inbox.

jayetruth

Reaction score
Blackeyes24 said:
I recently upgraded from a Droid 2 to a Droid 4. I love almost everything about the new phone except the way it syncs my hotmail as compared to the old phone. On my old phone only the messages that went into my hotmail inbox showed up on my phone. On my new phone all the messages that I have going to another folder using rules end up on my phone. That means I've got between 30-40 groupon and living social type deals showing up as new messages on my phone every day even though they are scheduled to go to a separate folder. Is there a way to prevent this?

Also if I delete something on my phone it deletes it in my hotmail account. Is there a setting that I could change that would allow me to delete stuff on my phone without it deleting it from my hotmail account? Its not a big deal if there isnt but it would be nice if I could clear my phone without clearing my inbox.

Use k9 mail its a dream