Hotmail force closing on different ROMs....

Nismo90tt

Reaction score
Ok, so I did the root myself a number of months back, did the 2.2 update early and loaded a few different ROMs until I found one that was suitable for the moment. I settled on Succulent Desire v6.0 and had been using it for months with no issues. I could send/receive emails from my Gmail, Hotmail, and an Exchange account (all synced to the Droid). However, within the last 4 or 5 days I've been bouncing from ROM to ROM trying to find a new one that I like (that didn't have issues). I have now figured out that none of the recent ones will work right with my Hotmail account. They will receive emails just fine, however as soon as I hit "reply" it causes a force close screen to pop up everytime. This is quite frustrating.
ROMs I have seen this happen on recently:
Simply Stunning (different ones)
Bugless Beast (different ones)
Cyanogen (different ones)
Onix Froyozzz
Pl3x Blue Energy
and honestly there are more, but I've tried so many ROMs I don't remember. I'm currently waiting on my phone to charge back up so I can jump back to Succulent Desire 6.0 to see if I still have the issue, so I will report back but wanted to post in the meantime.
I have fixed permissions a number of times, wiped data and cache, and done different ROMs and the issue seems to still be there. Any info would be appreciated if anyone has this issue and knows a fix.

Also, even when I had SD 6.0 I could delete the same email from my Hotmail account over and over and it would still pop back up (and wouldn't ever delete it from my actual inbox on Hotmail when I deleted it from the phone....yes its synced to do so). It worked fine on my Gmail and Exchange accounts, just not Hotmail so I'm assuming thats a Hotmail issue, and not so much with the Droid?

So, any insight into these issues from anyone?

Last edited:
OP
N

Nismo90tt

Reaction score
I've flashed back to Succulent Desire v6.0 and the issue is gone. However, I would like to be able to try a different ROM and various themes, so does anyone have any idea what a fix for this might be?
I'm going to try another ROM after deleting all of my other backups besides this one and starting fresh.

lovespell88

Reaction score
Maybe you do not really need a new ROM. If you try switching to another ROM, you may just encounter the same problem. Or worse, you can get a different problem altogether. So, why don’t you just try to stick with your Succulent Desire v6.0? Perhaps, you just need to check on the settings to make everything okay.