1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Hot Spot

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by cjm09, Jun 11, 2012.

1. cjm09

cjm09 New Member

I have a Droid Razr, and can't get the hot spot feature to work. I am trying to sync up with my Ipad. I turn on the hot spot, and it says it is connected to the Ipad, but can't get any service through the Ipad. Just says no conection available. My old HTC would sync up no problem, and my wifes Iphone syncs great. Any suggestions?

Thanks
  2. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

What are you using to tether?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
  3. cjm09

cjm09 New Member

not using anything to tether. Should be able to turn lon hot spot, and have device ( Ipad) see it a through Wi FI, as a router. Workes on my old phone, my wifes iphone, jsut not my Razr. it says it is hooked to the ipad, even gives mac address and IP but cant get any data through
  4. 94lt1

That's why I asked how you were tethering. So your using Wi-Fi hotspot to tether. Try rebooting the phone.. I don't use hotspot myself.. I use foxfi which is the same thing, its just free.

You might consider trying it. I use it.to tether my ipad 3 all the time. Did it just today to pull down logic pro.

5. cjm09

cjm09 New Member

I tried the foxfi and get the same results. Either way, it says I am connected, even gives IP address and mac address but no data transfer. I tryed my laptop today, and same thing. Says it is connected, excellent signal strength, but no internet connection. This is a cracked phon, but a friend of mine has the smae phone on the same network with no problems. I spoke with my network provider (Telus) and there are no restrictions on my account, should work fine. Any ideas? possibly just a setting on the phone or an IP address issue?

Thanks
  6. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

With FoxFi I have to turn on Foxfi, then toggle airplane mode. Make sure your signal bars are blue, then should be good to go.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
  7. helron

helron New Member

Can someone please provide instructions as to connect a droid razor data plan to my iPad3. Bluetooth or hotspot? Don't I have to pay $20 for hotspot use? UGH!
  8. helron

helron New Member

I can't do anything with my droid and my iPad 3.They don't like each other ; they don't want to talk to each other;they don't want to shake hands with each other -they just hate each other.
  9. helron

helron New Member

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  10. 94lt1

Go into foxfi, enable a security password, turn on the app(make sure your Wi-Fi is turned off first) now with the ipad, search for Wi-Fi networks... you should be able to see your foxfi hotspot, then connect to it..

If its not working for you, then while the app is still running, clear data and force close it. Reboot your device, now try again.. it should work for you.

EDIT: go into the play store and download "lte on off" (we know it says for a thunderbolt, just download it :)) open it up and make sure that your device is set to lte/CDMA/evdo. I've seen posts with people saying that for some reason they're set to a setting with wcdma. This is an issue if so. The vzw network isn't wcdma.. so that's why foxfi won't work..

11. helron

helron New Member

94lt1, thanks. Tried and failed. I've used LTe on off since ICS arrived, and have it set to your specs. I've tried every setting, but got hits on this a while back. I will try again.
  12. 94lt1

This is odd. I use foxfi on my ipad3 all the time :confused:.. hmmm. Well I hope we can get you fixed up..

13. helron

helron New Member

94lt1' Finally worked!!!!!! Foxfi banner showing connection. Silly question.....how do I know that this is a data connect and not my home WIFI router. Am I really using my data. Can I run a SPEEDTEST?
    BTW Hmm? Just answer yes or no to this question? Do u k ow what UF 28 is???? :biggrin: Thanks so much!
  14. helron

helron New Member

94lt1 Does your IPAD show a Wireless Icon? The fist time Foxfi connected, a few days ago, my IPAD showed a VZ Data Tpe icon connection. Also, how do,u stop your pho e from shutting display. 10 min seems the max and the I have to hit power button to turn it on, and my Foxfi just died.
  15. 94lt1

I have no idea what uf28 is. Your screen tines out now after 10 mins, but my foxfi works with my screen on.

To be able to tell if it connected to your phone, if your audio is turned up, you'll hear a chirp, also, your device will say connected and give an address.

Also I name my foxfi something easily discernible like myfoxfi94.

16. helron

helron New Member

94lt1' Thx again for your help. It seems that I must constantly restart my phone in order to enable Foxfi. Clearing the data and stopping the application still prevents me from quick connecting.
  17. 94lt1

No problem, also, have you checked for an update?? Foxfi had an update a few days ago I think....

18. baseballfan

baseballfan New Member

hi guys sorry to jump in to this thread, but i am having the same problem i have a samsung galaxy s infuse, my laptop which is a acer aspire sees the phone and it says connected but no internet access. i have install the update try clearing the data and force stop rebooting the phone and still no internet access does my plan have to be at least of 6gb or greater.
  19. helron

helron New Member

Foxfi last release was in June, and produced same non connect results. Checked other sites and am still in Neverland. Yuck!
Search tags for this page
can't send email through s4 hot spot
foxfi cannot connect to network
foxfi hotspot cannot handshake

how to connect your ipad to droid razr max hotspot for inter

how to tethering razr maxx xt910
how to turn on hot spot on droid razr
i am connect to ipad hotspot but can't search
i can't get my ipad to connect to my droid hotspot
ipad unable to connect to droid hot spot

razr hotspot problems

tethering hotspot xt910