Hot Spot

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Go into foxfi, enable a security password, turn on the app(make sure your Wi-Fi is turned off first) now with the ipad, search for Wi-Fi networks... you should be able to see your foxfi hotspot, then connect to it..

If its not working for you, then while the app is still running, clear data and force close it. Reboot your device, now try again.. it should work for you.

EDIT: go into the play store and download "lte on off" (we know it says for a thunderbolt, just download it :)) open it up and make sure that your device is set to lte/CDMA/evdo. I've seen posts with people saying that for some reason they're set to a setting with wcdma. This is an issue if so. The vzw network isn't wcdma.. so that's why foxfi won't work..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Last edited:

helron

Reaction score
94lt1, thanks. Tried and failed. I've used LTe on off since ICS arrived, and have it set to your specs. I've tried every setting, but got hits on this a while back. I will try again.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This is odd. I use foxfi on my ipad3 all the time :confused:.. hmmm. Well I hope we can get you fixed up..

helron

Reaction score
94lt1' Finally worked!!!!!! Foxfi banner showing connection. Silly question.....how do I know that this is a data connect and not my home WIFI router. Am I really using my data. Can I run a SPEEDTEST?
BTW Hmm? Just answer yes or no to this question? Do u k ow what UF 28 is???? :biggrin: Thanks so much!

helron

Reaction score
94lt1 Does your IPAD show a Wireless Icon? The fist time Foxfi connected, a few days ago, my IPAD showed a VZ Data Tpe icon connection. Also, how do,u stop your pho e from shutting display. 10 min seems the max and the I have to hit power button to turn it on, and my Foxfi just died.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have no idea what uf28 is. Your screen tines out now after 10 mins, but my foxfi works with my screen on.

To be able to tell if it connected to your phone, if your audio is turned up, you'll hear a chirp, also, your device will say connected and give an address.

Also I name my foxfi something easily discernible like myfoxfi94.

helron

Reaction score
94lt1' Thx again for your help. It seems that I must constantly restart my phone in order to enable Foxfi. Clearing the data and stopping the application still prevents me from quick connecting.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No problem, also, have you checked for an update?? Foxfi had an update a few days ago I think....

baseballfan

Reaction score
hi guys sorry to jump in to this thread, but i am having the same problem i have a samsung galaxy s infuse, my laptop which is a acer aspire sees the phone and it says connected but no internet access. i have install the update try clearing the data and force stop rebooting the phone and still no internet access does my plan have to be at least of 6gb or greater.

helron

Reaction score
No problem, also, have you checked for an update?? Foxfi had an update a few days ago I think....

Foxfi last release was in June, and produced same non connect results. Checked other sites and am still in Neverland. Yuck!