Hot Hot Hot!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jrod2183, Feb 24, 2010.

1. jrod2183

jrod2183 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Getting some pretty high temps from my droid and wanted a little expert input. Currently running AdamZ smoked glass(blue) rom with the new 4.5 kernel. On the way home was streaming pandora and doing a few other things, and the temp reached about 47 degrees Celsius, and thats coming from about 26 or 27 deg. cel. on wake up. Since I don't know the specs or what anyone else is running for temps not sure if this is unusual, but it sure seems hot...any thoughts?

O/C'ed at 1ghz usually, knocked it down to 900 and 800 but no real temp. difference.

2. nphil

nphil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here, I think it's a problem with the newer .32 based kernels. CPU temps ALWAYS above 40C with light use, 47+ with heavy use. I think I'm going back to .29 based kernels, i might miss the new stuff though

3. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what is the difference between the .32 and .29 kernels? and where could i get a .29 kernel? (then how would i install it?)

i just looked, my kernel says its 2.6.29-chevyno1@ubuntu...... does that mean i dont have the bad kernel?

#3 tktouch12, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  4. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    oh, btw, i have also noticed really high temps oc'd to 800 when i'm not even doing much, thats why i'm thinking about going to an older one

5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    The difference between .32 and .29 is .03.:rofl3:

Come on, you had to have known somebody was going to do this.:icon_ devil:

6. caboyzcoti

caboyzcoti Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i think its a good one cause i was having issues with temps in BB 7.9 and went to 1.1 with chevys kernal and ive noticed great even better performance and much less heat:icon_ banana:

7. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +289
    Show off...just because you found out that you can do math on the Droid :)

8. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    How'd you come up with that sooo fast. I was still working on it when you posted!! First time I did it I got .61 !! :):)

9. Daver

Daver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This kind of worries me, but I've had no temp issues on this rom yet...Pandoras been streaming in my pocket for over 20mins right now and im at 82F. I've yet to see over 100F on this rom, hmm.

10. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    What do you have the cpu temp refresh rate set at? I had mine set at 2 seconds for a while and while I do now see an occasional temp up to 116F it is very transitory (as in for 2 seconds and then it starts dropping). It is amazing how fast the cpu temp can change - both going up and down. But remember this chip is rated by Texas Inst. at 70C. So your 47 is no where near that hot and it is only for a second or two. Well, at least on mine it is. And frankly, I've only seen that temp while I was trying to get a high reading by just loading one page after the other without even taking time to read any of them.

11. magnus

magnus Member

Ratings:
    +2
    VERY interesting....I didn't even know that difference existed....

Nphil.....what else do you know about this.

The best ROM for me was BB7.5 1000Mhz. After that everything was either not smooth or not cool enough.
    Now I seem to have found a nice resting spot with BB1.1 with AdamZ kernel (.29) and 1000 or 1100 but the temps can easily go into the upper 40s....and I'm sure into the lower 50s

I feel like Live Wallpaper ROMS increase the heat....even when they are not in use. Just something I feel like I have noticed.....not sure though.

12. Droidfish

Droidfish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Last night my temp monitor showed my droid get up to 130 degrees (54C) which is weird because it usually reboots way before that. I was running chevy's 1.25 on top of pete's beast v 1.1 & the dark rom theme patch. It seemed like all of my problems came from running Google Earth @ 1.1 Ghz. even though I hit 54C just surfing and downloading

This morning I wiped everything and installed Pete's Beast v1.1 w/ adamz 1.0 and then reinstalled the dark rom theme patch. I started at 600 and have since moved up to 800 with no problems. I'm gonna keep going up incrementally because I do like running at 1ghz

Has anyone else seen anything this hot (I know most people would have turned their phones off but I was downloading a different kernel to try.)

Search tags for this page

does note 2 gets hot with droidfish