Hosed Droid 1, attempting RSDLite fix. Help please!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by p0rk burn, Dec 30, 2010.

1. p0rk burn

p0rk burn New Member

Let me start by saying this phone may be totally screwed. It received a thorough soaking at the hands of a garden hose. Long story. When I attempted to rescue it I saw it was actually still on and seemed to be running, but not wanting to fry anything I turned it off and removed the battery to dry.

When I turned it back on it went to the 2.c whatever boot loader menu. Reading around led me to flash an sbf with RSDLite. That process worked fine until the end, when it told me to reboot the phone manually.

Now, it bootloops. I can reboot into the recovery screen which gives me the android phone and the /!\ screen. Nothing will pull up a recovery menu from here. I'm thinking the buttons are fried and just aren't sending signals to the phone.

Any suggestions? For what its worth I had this phone since release day and rooted the bad boy the second root hit the net. I'm a little sad to admit it, but I moved onto the D2 as the replacement phone. I wouldn't have abandoned the D1 if it weren't for this and if I can get it to work just for wifi and as a XBMC remote in the livingroom I'd be stoked.

TL;DR: phone got wet, and went to bootloader, I flashed a sbf with rsdlite and now can't get it off the recovery menu after it bootloops.
  2. harpua

harpua New Member

im sorry to hear your unfortunate store. i wish there were something i could do to help, but i dont believe there is. thats cool on the D2 though. good luck
  3. p0rk burn

p0rk burn New Member

For anyone that wanted a status update I've put my past nerdery to shame by fixing this phone. 4 or 5 sbf versions later I finally found one that worked (VZW_A855_FRG01B_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE_01 for anybody that reads this in the future and wants to try it) and was able to get into the recovery menu, factory reset a few times just because it seemed it was worth the extra hassle based on where I was coming from, and viola, the phone booted to the activation screen.

Now, I already had the replacement phone activated so this was a problem. My first run through had me actually going through the registration process here only to find that Market refused to let me download something (Verizon, you bastards). An hour or so of alternately googling the best way to sideload everything from the replacement phone and work arounds for this issue revealed the four-corner activation screen bypass.

The best part is that on the stock rom the phone would reboot anytime the screen timed out - not when I put it to sleep, but timeouts - and go into a bootloop until I pulled the battery. That actually had me thinking something was messed up with the hardware, but I also had a feeling it was a remnant of the kernal the phone had at the time of the damage. Lo and behold, once I reflashed the above sbf, let it update (twice) and bypassed the activation, I was able to set up my previous google account, download apps from the market (including Rom Manager), and install a rom with a custom kernal (thanks LithiumMod!). The phone works fine now, except for it not being able to make calls and texts and all that.

Moral of the story: hose your phone down and follow these steps and you can waste $95 on a replacement upgrade and end up with a sweet wifi/mp3/camera/xbmc remote.

I thank the three of you still reading this for your time.