1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Horrible, worse than usual data drops this weekend.... anyone else???

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by dmbatcofc, Dec 11, 2011.

1. dmbatcofc

dmbatcofc New Member

My phone has been almost unusable this wknd because I cant get a damn data connection.... anyone know of network issues? Anyone else having this problem? Im in Charleston SC on the 5.7.893 software.
  2. onebigunion

onebigunion New Member

Mine was by the far the worst its ever been, first I've had to do more than toggle airplane to get it back. Central PA. Still on original software
  3. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Honolulu, HI was pathetic as well all day yesterday and today.... I called VZW yesterday afternoon and they claim there were no data issues on their networks... funny part is that both Sat & Sun evenings were back to normal full speed data again...if this continues I do plan to call VZW and demand that they send me a new phone if it isn't an issue with their network, thus basically saying that there is soemthing wrong with my particular Bionic
  4. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it was bad for me, but I definitely noticed it more than usual. Also my phone was just acting kind of weird in general. My email has been not wanting to automatically refresh since Thursday for some reason...
  5. Johnny14o

Johnny14o New Member

East Tennessee here.. service for 4g AND 3g has SUCKED all weekend. After whatever issue Verizon had with their network last week, there are still lingering issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  6. RETUSAFNCO

RETUSAFNCO New Member

Tucson...no data drops since 0600.

7. WavelandAve

WavelandAve New Member

No data here in Omaha, NE since last night. Stock bionic here.

8. dmbatcofc

dmbatcofc New Member

Uuuuughhhhh..... was hoping it wasnt a widespread issue! Verizon needs to get it together before they are the next AA&T
  9. PhilD

PhilD New Member

4g and 3g data definitely worse than usual all weekend in southern NJ, about 5 miles from Philly (5.7.893)
  10. FourFive

FourFive New Member

I haven't been able to get any 3g/4g on my phone for over 24 hours now, I'm in albany, ny but my buddy with the same phone isn't having any issues at all.
  11. Christobal

Christobal New Member

I took a wrong turn last night a wound up lost on the PA/MD border. "Lucky me" I thought, as my Bionic was already in the car doc streaming audio. Once I invoked the nav system, NO DATA AT ALL!!! :mad: I toggled airplane mode to no avail as I wound down winding back-roads in the dark. I decided to double-back and actually found my way back WITHOUT the Bionic. A reboot was the only way to get 3G back. Had the thing been working, I would have discovered that I could have made a quick turn and been on my way in 5 minutes as opposed to the 20 minutes it took me to go all the way back to the wrong turn. I was ready to throw my phone out the window!!!
  12. ruinah

ruinah New Member

I had the same problem over the weekend. I took a bus to New York from Maryland and had constant drops. While in lower NY, my phone would sometimes get a data connection, bust most of the time it just plain old didn't work. I am on 5.7.893. Seems ok this morning, only had 1 drop. (sad that I consider 1 drop ok).
  13. dustinslee

dustinslee New Member

I traded for a razr back yesterday and data was on and off all eve .... but it seems fine today

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  14. DunDun

DunDun New Member

In Philly all weekend; Bionic 4G was working but speed was much lower than usual (10-5Mbs download), but my wife's droidX2 had to be rebooted for 3G to activate a couple times.
  15. mikespe

mikespe New Member

I'm one of the lucky ones with a Bionic that is flawless except for the camera & the 5.7.893 update improved that a LOT! But with all the upgrades VZN has been doing on the towers last weekend & now today (this weekend was fine) my data has been cutting out. I'm in the Western NY area...
  16. Zane_Grey

Zane_Grey New Member

I didn't have data most of the weekend. North Central Kansas 5.7.893

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  17. Laur3nNewm4n

Laur3nNewm4n New Member

Same here, except I have a Thunderbolt. My boyfriend's Droid has been having data drops too. I'm in Syracuse NY, and he's in Cortland NY. Seems to be a widespread thing.
  18. Stelv

Stelv New Member

My data was horrible all weekend. Dropped out 5 times in an hr yesterday. I usually don't get many drop-outs. I decided to apply the leaked update that everyone is saying matches the OTA. I have been fine ever since. I have been between Rochester NY and East of there.
  19. IanG

IanG New Member

I was in NYC on vacation this weekend and I was having horrible data drops... had to toggle airplane mode on and off each time I wanted to use data. Was thinking it was maybe the city and the buildings; glad to see I was wrong and that Verizon seems to be having issues.
  20. WavelandAve

WavelandAve New Member

Finally after 2 days of absolutely no data, 10 airplane mode toggles, 5 restarts, & 2 Sim cards I now have my 4G back! So nice of VZW to give new what I'm paying for...its a Christmas miracle