Horrible wifi problem

skeezix1970

Reaction score
So, I rooted my phone and got rid of the verizon bloatware (nothing that would affect my wifi). I love it so far, doubled my battery life.
But, here's my problem: I never had a problem connecting to MY wifi in my house or out in my yard... now, I can connect, but its constantly getting dropped.... and when it reconnects, it always asks me for my password, which it never did before. If I lost the connection, it would always automatically reconnect when I got back in range.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
A rooted noob,
Rick
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

mikedyk43

Reaction score
So, I rooted my phone and got rid of the verizon bloatware (nothing that would affect my wifi). I love it so far, doubled my battery life.
But, here's my problem: I never had a problem connecting to MY wifi in my house or out in my yard... now, I can connect, but its constantly getting dropped.... and when it reconnects, it always asks me for my password, which it never did before. If I lost the connection, it would always automatically reconnect when I got back in range.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
A rooted noob,
Rick
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

First thing I would do is go to Settings/Wireless & Network settings/Wi-Fi settings and long press your home network and select "forget". Then go ahead and reconnect to it and then cycle your wifi off and on to see if it reconnects automatically. If this does not work, you might want to take a closer look at the "bloatware" you deleted, some of it might be needed. It is quite surprising the crap ware that MUST stay on this phone for it to function properly. Motorola really sold out on this one!