Horrible,horrible battery life

apl3

Reaction score
Ok I got a design refresh from Motorola 1/2 a year ago. New phone supposedlty. Heres the the problem when I charge the phone it gives me a life of 48 hours. 24 hours later the phone has no juice. I have looked at my phones battery usage and nothing is out of the ordinary. Motorola said I should factory reset the phone, the problem is my wife also got a refresh on her phone and the battery life sucks also. I have the same apps nothing new was added. I can loose ten percent of battery life in an hour with the phone being idle

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
By saying you got a "design refresh" from Motorola, does that mean you got a new phone? Which would also mean it's a refurbished phone. Overtime with use, your battery's capacity gets less & less. Chances are, a refurbished phone's battery capacity is already less than it's original size. My Samsung N5 started with a 3000 mAh capacity. After two years use, discharging and recharging, the full capacity of my battery is now about 2000 mAh. It doesn't last nearly as long as it did when I first got the phone. Your phone lasting 24 hours is probably less than it used to but it's not that bad.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bill-e

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
The main reason I just did the Design Refresh was because of bad DT2 battery life. At least now you get a brand new Z Force Droid since they don't make the DT2 anymore.

OP
A

apl3

Reaction score
already used my design refresh to get a crappy phone that doesnt hold a charge so no z force droid. Motorola failed to mention that their design refresh phones are used, oh well Motorola isnt the only one that makes a smart phone.

bill-e

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Although 24hrs is pretty good, I was lucky to go a half day with mine

OP
A

apl3

Reaction score
still pissed that I have a refurbished phone that was not brand new when I got it.

bill-e

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Actually I saw talk about that 2 years ago and that was the reason I never went for the design refresh until I found out that they were giving out Z Force Droids last month.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
My battery lasts 6 hours on my turbo2 used to be 24 when new never was 48

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Actually I saw talk about that 2 years ago and that was the reason I never went for the design refresh until I found out that they were giving out Z Force Droids last month.
Got the z2 force, and after using the phone most of the day it's lasting 22 hours. Way better than turbo 2 with battery going bad, way zippier too

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk