Horrible camera, need solution.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Best camera(phone) I have had to date has been my Samsung Omnia. When there was enough light, anyway ;) This was from a walkway above the beach and zoomed in some.

3688660074_d339fa4ba8_b.jpg

spazma7ik

Reaction score
Lets think about this for a minute. It matters quite a bit if they were on the phone or not. Throw a Droid taken photo on your Dare and then compare how it looks. I bet it looks pretty good.

As for me being jipped....if you say so. There are many a thread on the craptastic camera on the Dare. I wasn't the only one.

Why does everyone think if you disagree with their opinion, that you got jipped, or your phone is broken, etc, etc?

Did I say you did? No, learn to read things in the form of a question. As posted above with those zoo shots, I have taken great shots with my Dare, and not so much with the Droid. I know you're a little upset you spent so much on a phone to not have it match up to a dumbphone's 3.2 MP's, we all are, but no need to get fussy.

gentlefury

Reaction score
Maybe you people just dont know how to take a picture...

My Tour took pictures a lot better than that.

Maybe you should respect others opinions instead of insulting them?

Ummm, I am saying that the Dare actually has a good camera. How am I insulting anyone? I hate when people say something sucks when they just dont know what their talking about.

That Omnia Pic looks great! Isn't that a WinMo phone? Or Android?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I was referring to the comment of people not knowing how to take a picture.

Yes, its a winmo phone. Came with 6.1, but ported 6.5 to it. I cooked ROMs all last summer ;)

Then I moved to the Tour, and then on to the Droid. I still have them. The Omnia is collecting dust with an early build of what is now known as 6.5.3 that I had cooked last summer.

OP
Neko

Neko

Reaction score
Best camera(phone) I have had to date has been my Samsung Omnia. When there was enough light, anyway ;) This was from a walkway above the beach and zoomed in some.

3688660074_d339fa4ba8_b.jpg

WOW... Now that's a fabulous photo! Great shot.

Now I cant wait till summer :icon_ banana:

OP
Neko

Neko

Reaction score

Yes, its a winmo phone. Came with 6.1, but ported 6.5 to it. I cooked ROMs all last summer ;)

Then I moved to the Tour, and then on to the Droid. I still have them. The Omnia is collecting dust with an early build of what is now known as 6.5.3 that I had cooked last summer.

cooked ROMs?? Whats that? I'm not blond but help me out here, and can ya cook me a rom? Anybody..... Is the Nexus One phone going to have a better camera?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Cooked ROMs refer to custom ROMs. Windows Mobile ROM cookers are known as chefs ;)

Whereas in the Android community, they are known as developers.

spazma7ik

Reaction score

cooked ROMs?? Whats that? I'm not blond but help me out here, and can ya cook me a rom? Anybody..... Is the Nexus One phone going to have a better camera?

Going by the one that's currently released, then yes, a lot better.

gentlefury

Reaction score

All I meant was instead of complaining that the camera sucks why not try using it for more than taking a picture in the dark. No camera phone (or handheld camera for that matter) will take good night pictures without being grainy.

Woork

Reaction score
The camera is not perfect by any means, and I hope that something can be done to tweak how it behaves in low light, but it can still get some pretty good shots.

4298614174_899b52ce4a_b.jpg

4298461323_9bcf4e3bf4_b.jpg

Last edited:

moot

Reaction score
^

Wooooooow. Pretty! :) Nice shots. Are you using an app or the built in camera app?

Nuklhed

Reaction score
The camera shots look good when enlarged digitally, etc, but I tried printing one up at the Wal-Mart and it was very hazy. It was a photo taken in daylight, outside. It just didnt look as crisp as it does on the computer screen or even the phone for that matter. I only printed up a 4x6 too.

mias

Reaction score
Hi all, first post, just a point on the camera.
I have generally bought phones in the past mainly based on camera capabality, droid was the first i didn't but i don't regret it cos in good light the pics are good but droid pic quality is abit behind many other smart phones.
I came from the samsung i8910/omnia HD and in comparison the samsung was far better in speed of opening the camera and the pic quality. But i am comparing it to one of the best camera phones (although the samsung had the crappiest OS, ie symbian s60v5)