Horrible battery life

Reaction score
When I was stock, my barter would last all day. Still have 20% when I went to bed. Now I upgraded to 2.9 and my phone is dead before I get home from work. I really like 2.9, but seems useless if I don't get to play with it when I get off work. How can I extend my battery like. Display is already as low as it will go and my weather service only updates every 4 hours.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
When I was stock, my barter would last all day. Still have 20% when I went to bed. Now I upgraded to 2.9 and my phone is dead before I get home from work. I really like 2.9, but seems useless if I don't get to play with it when I get off work. How can I extend my battery like. Display is already as low as it will go and my weather service only updates every 4 hours.

here you go

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 w/jt's kernel Fascinate

Jamis0n

Reaction score
New ec10 kernel is working wonders. Has low voltage for battery saving also soft key notifications.

SC 2.9.2
Blue Steel theme

EL Lacost

Reaction score
My battery life has goten better since I rooted for I can browse the internet for more than 5 minites and it will only go down by 1% and it gets charged way faster in about 1 hour or the most 2 before it would take 4 or 3 hours

Rooted Samsung Fascinate

tfotos

Reaction score
I went from 2.9 to 2.9. 2 and the battery life is way better. I'm going to do the battery wipe thing next. I'll let you know how that turns out.

Sent from my rooted Fascinate running SC 2.9.2 and Tapatalk.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
If you are interested look for ec10 kernel from jt. Has low voltage setting to help batt.

SC 2.9.2v
Blue Steel theme

OP
coloradodrummer
Reaction score
New ec10 kernel is working wonders. Has low voltage for battery saving also soft key notifications.

SC 2.9.2
Blue Steel theme

I don't know how to install kernals... Any help would be appreciated, I just wiped my stats

OP
coloradodrummer
Reaction score
I think I got the kernel installed, how can I tell? What do roms and kernels do? What do I need to know so I don't brick my phone?

tfotos

Reaction score
I too would also like to know how to install the EC10 kernel. Is there a link for a "how to"? My battery fizzed out quick tonight. I only used it to text while at work. Was at 24% when I got to my car. Strange.

Sent from my rooted Fascinate running SC 2.9.2 and Tapatalk.