Horrible battery life out of nowhere? Bad battery?

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
Alright cool, I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow while I'm at work. Now that I think about it, my weather bug widget recently has continually been saying that it was loading...maybe that's what was causing the battery drain. Well anyway, I took off the widget so will see how it goes tomorrow. I'll post back on how it goes.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Instead of uninstalling weather bug you might just try deleting it's cache/data via phone settings > applications. It might reset that way.

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
I didn't uninstall weatherbug, just took the widget off my screen. With this I'm back to my regular battery life it seems. I go into battery info an the "running" percentage is around 25%.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
NIIIICE! I wonder if it was having a problem that sometimes occurs with apps like Gmail, Calendar, and Contacts where the local database gets corrupted and the app keeps trying to straighten it out but can't. That's why I suggested clearing weather bug's data/cache via phone settings > applications

Of course, simply re-adding the widget might fix it...or uninstalling and re-installing it.

Anyway, I'm glad that worked out for you!

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
Yeah me too!!! I'm gonna try adding it again an see. I'm still thinking about getting a new battery though since you can get them for around $4 on Amazon. But then again, I'm not sure a new battery would give me that much of an increase of battery life.