horrendous time trying to get a picture from pc to droid x

zach_power

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I hope you can help me. I made a wallpaper on my pc using photoshop, and saved it as a .jpeg.

At first I logically emailed it myself and opened it on the phone, yet the picture never showed, only a grey image o a mountain as if the file was corrupt, however I can see a preview of the image in the email.

So then I used dropbox and the same thing occurred, I could download the image, but it still never showed up.

Tried connecting via USB and drag-dropping the file to the phone....same problem occurred

And tips? Seems really too hard for a such a simple task.

OP
Z

zach_power

Reaction score
The photo is the resolution for a droid x wallpaper. (960 x 854)

I used thunderbird on my pc and set it as an attachment. Not inserted into the email. I suppose I can try that too.

EDIT: Tried just pasting it into the body of the email...the picture would not show on the phone...only blank space >.>

EDIT 2: Resaved the file from a jpeg to a png. That seemed to work....

Last edited:

born2golf

Reaction score
few things to try.

1. what is type of image is it? 8-bit? 16-bit? 32-bit? I am not sure what file is supported by android, but I would suggest staying with 8 or 16 bit.
2. try to save it in another format, such at PNG, TIF, or GIF

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tried connecting via USB and drag-dropping the file to the phone....same problem occurred.
What problem? Are you sure you're copying to the correct location when mounted? Some devices mount internal storage as well as the SD card.

cpjr

Reaction score
Sounds like you got it, but I was gonna say it has to do with the way for saved/formatted the pic.

UNC

Reaction score
Forget all the wires... just email the pic from your pc to your phone over MMS. Just google verizon's email addresses for MMS.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App