Horray for upgrading before this!

RedTarget

Reaction score
With the possibility of tiered data rates being implemented by VZW, how would they deal with pushed OS updates? For those on lower cap plans, this could potentially cause an issue if there's a 75mb+ update pushed out.

Hopefully they would not count the data used to push the update... but you never know.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am truly amazed at how willing people are to buy into bad news. Well, it's not bad for me but a post from somebody on another forum is gospel?

Last word I heard with any kind of ring of truth said mid Summer.

Skull One

Reaction score
The only reason I could see a cap being put into place is if the iPhone 5 is a 4G phone. So odds are if a tier does go into affect, it will be 21 to 30 days before the iPhone 5 is announced.

rjcapp

Reaction score
how much will the new plan cost

will there still be an unlimited plan

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Skull One

Reaction score
No clue. But you can bet good money they will make damn sure you pick the most expensive plan.

AT&T does that currently with:
$15 for 200MB - $15 for next 200 MB
$25 for 2000MB - $10 for the 2000MB

First time you go over your 200 MB for $15 and have to pay $30 for that month, they have you caught and you will upgrade to the $25. And I am pretty sure if you go "But BUT!!!!" they will say "We will forgive that extra $15 once you change to the $25 plan".

That is why it isn't in VZW best interest to cap users right now. At $30 a month I doubt more than 50% of their users ever make it above 1000 MB a month. And of the people that make it above 5000 MB, it can't be more than 10% of their user base at most. Which means they are making more money per user than AT&T at present who has been on this tiered service for a year.

rjcapp

Reaction score
Thanks Skull One

No clue. But you can bet good money they will make damn sure you pick the most expensive plan.

AT&T does that currently with:
$15 for 200MB - $15 for next 200 MB
$25 for 2000MB - $10 for the 2000MB

First time you go over your 200 MB for $15 and have to pay $30 for that month, they have you caught and you will upgrade to the $25. And I am pretty sure if you go "But BUT!!!!" they will say "We will forgive that extra $15 once you change to the $25 plan".

That is why it isn't in VZW best interest to cap users right now. At $30 a month I doubt more than 50% of their users ever make it above 1000 MB a month. And of the people that make it above 5000 MB, it can't be more than 10% of their user base at most. Which means they are making more money per user than AT&T at present who has been on this tiered service for a year.

Pizza33

Reaction score
Glad I got unlimited now, I just checked and I've used 800mb since launch

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums App

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the mobile hotspot (free until 5/15) for the TB shows up as mobile broadband data in my Verizon?

Sent from my D1! But would rather send from a Xoom using Tapatalk!!!

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
If this is true, I'll be so pissed. I can't get the phone till April 10th.
Not true if you are the primary line on your account. You can use the early upgrade, which allows you to upgrade after 12 months. It will cause you a $20 fee for the early upgrade, but that can be waived simply by asking. I wasn't suppose to upgrade until April 3rd, but I was able to upgrade on March 17.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the mobile hotspot (free until 5/15) for the TB shows up as mobile broadband data in my Verizon?

Yes, they will add it to your plan at no charge, but make sure to have them cancel it on 5/14. They said it would be dropped automatically, but I don't buy it. You'd rather send from a Xoom, with that price I'd rather send from a dumb phone.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
how much will the new plan cost

will there still be an unlimited plan

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

We don't know, all of us early adopters know is that it will be the same price for us. IMO the unlimited will stay but it's going to cost $45-$50.

shortsxit

Reaction score

Yes, they will add it to your plan at no charge, but make sure to have them cancel it on 5/14. They said it would be dropped automatically, but I don't buy it. You'd rather send from a Xoom, with that price I'd rather send from a dumb phone.

Did you read the question?