1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Horizontal home screen option?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by jesman0, Dec 19, 2009.

1. jesman0

jesman0 New Member

I am under the impression that this is an un-official forum for Android. Does anyone know if google devs read this, or perhaps where the official request forum is?

My request is pretty simple, but would make my experience a bit more enjoyable.

I have a 3rd party, cheap, universal mounting bracket in my car. The home screen only goes to landscape with the key board open, which makes it awkward to use with the bracket. I just want the home screens to rotate, or at least have the option to. This would make me very happy. I am sure I am not the only one that wants a horizontal home screen.

Anyone have any information or thoughts on this?
  2. drew

drew New Member

Download PandaHome (or I guess another Home Replacement type app). I use Panda and MOST of my apps (home screens included) switch orientation. Not to mention it also extends the number of home screens (I'm currently using 5)
  3. jesman0

jesman0 New Member

Well that sounds like a good solution, thanks, I will check it out now! :)
  4. MInkyboi

MInkyboi New Member

theres also Home++
    personally prefer that to Panda
Search tags for this page

horizontal home screen android