1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Hoping for a SD Card or don't really care?

Discussion in 'Motorola Moto X' started by cereal killer, Feb 1, 2013.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

I'm interested in everyones thoughts if they choose to forego a SD Card slot on this handset. Will you pass if the handset has no SD card or is there a minimum amount of onboard memory you'd settle for and pick it up anyway?
  2. lloydstrans

lloydstrans Well-Known Member

I assume the "X", makes no difference to me. Minimum 16 onboard preferability 32 so I can cram 2 gigs on it.

hone them hockey skates to a razr's edge
  3. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator Premium Member

Every time I think I don't need one, I end up wishing I had it at some point... not a huge necessity, but if they can add it in a subtle way physically, that would be ideal.
  4. MacLeod

MacLeod New Member

I gotta have one. I keep a lot of pictures and ton of music and need the space. I've got a 32GB in my T-bolt and i've got 10 free so some dinky 16GB phone won't cut it and I love the fact that I can yank the card out of my T-bolt and slap it in my next phone (probably Maxx HD or Note 2) and pick up right where I left off.

So yeah, SD card FTW. Which sucks cause of drooling over the DNA but will pass it up because of lack of storage (non removable battery too).

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.
  5. Xfactorx316

Xfactorx316 Member

I would hate to lose the SD card. I don't think it would be a total deal breaker, but the phone would have to have at least 32gb on board at that point for me to still consider it.
  6. tech_head

tech_head New Member

I would love an SD card. If it has 32GB, I could live without it.
  7. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I have to have one. Its just more convenient. After having to send in my PS Vita and my son's 3DS for repairs....having removable storage is better IMO.
  8. cobravnm13

cobravnm13 Well-Known Member

I would prefer to have one. I also have a lot of pics, vids, ROMs, etc. It would have to have a minimum of 32GB, 64GB preferred, if it didn't come with an SD card slot.
  9. les017

les017 New Member

Been using 16G Nexus 4 for a couple months now and I have everything I need with 6G free. Having said that, I did have to pay more attention to how I roll. 32G should be at least an option, along with OTG capability.
  10. millerjy

millerjy New Member

I have had a phone with an sd slot in it for over 7 years. There have been numerous times that I have destroyed my phone and was able to remove the card. Until recently when motocast came out I never had my photos backed up that often. So the slot is a must even with motocast. Also I am fed up with tablets not having card slots. Its so easy to have several cards with movies on them and change them out.
  11. KaChow

KaChow Guest

I read somewhere may have been a day or so ago, and I'll see if I can find the article. But it mentioned the "X" will have an SD card slot (no spec on size), the device also has and this sounds absurd 128 GB of storage. The editor mentioned the storage loosely(as a see to believe it) and I will try to find the source.

Sent from my DROID MAXX RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  12. MacLeod

MacLeod New Member

Yeah I have a hard time beliving that. 128GB would add another $100 EASY to the price tag and I don't know if they're gonna go that route. Besides, 64GB is HUGE and you're gonna have to really work to fill it up so 128GB would be way way way over the top.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.
  13. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

I would really like an SD card - depends on the on-board memory if it becomes a dealbreaker for me...
  14. lloydstrans

lloydstrans Well-Known Member

KaChow is right in respects to the articles, rumor they may be. Yes 128 way over the top, my lame guess would be 32 with a 16 card. Or an empty slot.
    1 person likes this.
  15. KaChow

KaChow Guest

16. dbdroid

dbdroid New Member

IF it has min 32gb onboard and empty slot, that's good enough for me.
    1 person likes this.
  17. roadpizza73

roadpizza73 New Member

REMOVABLE is an absolute requirement for several of the things I use these devices for, period. Folks who make statements such as 64 or 128 gb being silly or ridiculous should remember to add a qualifier such as 'for me'.

'For me', there are valid, required, useful reasons for large (data size wise), small (physical size wise), REMOVABLE storage:icon_ lala:

I remain, of course and always, good with devices for those who don't need this. At least one other ecosystem doesn't seem to provide the range of choice to provide for the varied needs or desires of such varied users, so I'm thankful for android. dancedroid

Please, ghost, offer removable SD and battery - I so need it in my 'field' work with the device.
  18. Ariannus

Ariannus New Member

I've always thought that removable SD is a must. As people have said before I have often recovered files off a dead phone thanks to removable storage (fortunately never my phone but other peoples).

I also think that many phones come with way to little storage space. The ones that have multiple storage size options are almost always ridiculously over priced for the amount of extra storage. For example the 64 GB iPhone 5 is $200 more than the 16 GB, while I can buy a 64 GB Micro SDXC card for $50.
  19. Cattledog1969

Cattledog1969 New Member

SD card slot please. If not, then it should have a 128 GB internal memory. I'm currently using a Razor Maxx HD with 32 gig internal ( 26 gig available) memory and I have been using a San disk 64 GB micro SD card in addition. More memory is better.
Search tags for this page
128 gb micro sd s4
can the 64 gb micro sd card work on the motorola moto x?
does moto x have a removable sd card?
does moto x have a sd card slot
does moto x have micro sd
does moto x have sd card

does moto x have sd card slot

does the moto x have a sd card slot?
does the moto x have an sd card slot

galaxy s4 128 gb sd card

galaxy s4 micro sdxc 128 gb
is sd card on moto x removable
moto x no sd card
moto x removable sd