hopelessly stuck

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by x25064, Feb 17, 2012.

1. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Have a rezound im workingo n for someone trying to get it back to stock and locked.

Its on what seems to be clean ICS, and I can't get adb to read the phone to save my life. No matter what I do, what driver I install, what option I check or uncheck, it just sticks on waiting for device. I tried doing it on another computer and after waiting foreer to install java nad android sdk, the drivers wont install properly. This is such a ****ing pain in the ass I don't know where to start... anyone have any tips here?

2. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    200+ views... anyone?

3. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    I know this is probably a worthless suggestion, but did you make sure USB debugging was enabled?

4. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
    If you've installed the HTC drivers(which most include HTC sync) uninstall or shut down HTC sync on the PC before trying to use ADB.

5. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Syndicate its OK :)

I actually got it to work, same method agent Smith suggested. I had pdanet on my of from my nexus and itbwas pushing incorrect drivers for the rezound. I used the htcdev ones and it worked like a charm. So if anyone has/had a nexus keep this in mind.

Not for nothing but this phones camera and radios rape my nexus apart :-( I kind of like it. I wonder how good it will run on OTA ICS. Makes me want to switch..