Hopefully soon to be ex-Touch Pro'er

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Narsil, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Narsil

Narsil Active Member

Hey,

I've been using an HTC Touch Pro for a while now and am looking forward to getting my Droid tomorrow morning. I was hoping the iPhone was coming to Verizon but it looks like it isn't so the Droid looks like the Verizon phone to get! :hail:
  2. danDroid

danDroid DF Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the site! How long have you had your Touch Pro? Have you been happy with it?
  3. Narsil

Narsil Active Member

I've had it for nearly a year. My previous phone fell out of my pocket as I jogged across a street and got ran over. It still functioned but was torn to heck and back and in three pieces connected by wires.

I got my T Pro back before Alltel was assimilated by the big red borg and I was more than a little frustrated by functionality that Alltel (and Verizon) blocked out, like the GPS. I could run google maps but unless I paid Alltel $10/month, the GPS wouldn't function even though Alltel claimed they didn't lock it out.

There were some HTC firmware fixes for bugs that I couldn't apply because of Alltel's front end on the phone.

All in all, I've been fairly happy with it but have really had the bug for an iPhone since I got an ipod Touch a couple months ago. I think I'm going to be happy with a Droid however. :)
  4. Narsil

Narsil Active Member

Got my Droid this morning and aside from an apparently nonfunctional GPS and trying to find a straight answer on the clicking camera issue, I'm loving this puppy!