Honeymoon's Over...WiFi/4G dropping after KK upgrade

pksopp

Reaction score
Upgraded this afternoon and was honestly impressed by the improved "snappiness" of my stock RMHD.

Then I left work, didn't notice until I got home that as soon as I left the office, WiFi and 4g shut off. Like fakeout airplane mode. I toggle airplane mode on/off, problem solved...for 3-5 minutes. I'm consistently dropping both connections.

Found this online: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/48fb0b8150 - my issues are #3 and #4 only. After a brief scan, the only fix posted was basically "maybe 4.5 will help". Anyone else dealing with this, or have a suggestion?

Thanks!

OP
pksopp

pksopp

Reaction score
update- this morning, it seems like only WiFi is dropping, 4g connection remains even after 20 minutes idle, so that's something.

No one else experiencing this, huh?

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
I'm having no issues with it with my update. Everything working as it should on my end.

Last edited:

jspradling7

Reaction score
After reading your post, I tested this one here and it's staying connected like it should.

OP
pksopp

pksopp

Reaction score
thanks to you both. I've had to toggle airplane mode a few times today. considering the FDR, as it's getting annoying.

But on the plus side, the battery lasts long as ever - i'm on 30 hours right now with 15% left. :)

cbsstone872

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue. When WiFi on foar while and tethered to my home network the 3G or 4G is grayed out. I know that's normal but after a while the 3G or 4G icon will totally disapear and I canotn send or recieve any texts or MMS. I go into settings, turn airplaine mode onf or a couple minutes tnhe turn it off. It seems to be ok for a day or two then.