Honeymoon Phase?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just received an e-mail from Moto announcing the new Moto Z Droid Play edition. I like that it looks thicker, with a much larger internal battery. But no shattershield screen...bummer. They also said that the Global GSM edition of the Z Play would be released very soon, so that should make the folks not on Verizon happy since they will be able to enjoy some Z love and Moto Mods! :D

Ardeleon09

Reaction score
Just received an e-mail from Moto announcing the new Moto Z Droid Play edition. I like that it looks thicker, with a much larger internal battery. But no shattershield screen...bummer. They also said that the Global GSM edition of the Z Play would be released very soon, so that should make the folks not on Verizon happy since they will be able to enjoy some Z love and Moto Mods! :D
Thicker as well because it has the 3.5 mm jack

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thicker as well because it has the 3.5 mm jack

Good catch, I didn't see that the first time I looked at the pics. I would rather have a shatter shield screen than a headphone jack, all of my music devices are Bluetooth these days.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Moto lists the Play thickness as exactly the same as the Force. Play has less memory, less robust camera, lower screen resolution, but more battery life. Might be a good trade off for some folks. I have no need for a 3.5mm jack either and with the adapter that comes with it, I can use it if needed.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
They all seem like nice phones, and I really like the new Moto Z lineup. But I'm not crazy about Moto & Verizon releasing 3 different models. Why not just make one model that has all of the best features? It would cost more, but less confusing to customers. Imagine walking into a Verizon store and looking at the Droid display right now: Droid Maxx 2, Droid Turbo 2, Moto Z Droid, Moto Z Droid Force, Moto Z Droid Play. That could be a little overwhelming for some customers (which one do I pick?).

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
They all seem like nice phones, and I really like the new Moto Z lineup. But I'm not crazy about Moto & Verizon releasing 3 different models. Why not just make one model that has all of the best features? It would cost more, but less confusing to customers. Imagine walking into a Verizon store and looking at the Droid display right now: Droid Maxx 2, Droid Turbo 2, Moto Z Droid, Moto Z Droid Force, Moto Z Droid Play. That could be a little overwhelming for some customers (which one do I pick?).
Agree with you 100%

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
My Z Force finally shipped yesterday from manufacturer... Delivery date now 9/8 FedEx Int'l Priority. Only 3 weeks behind schedule.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
So I had the first oooh moment with my phone battery. Daughter had an all day band competition. Leave house at about 6:50am get home at about 12:30am with 40% battery.
I was too tired to record stats but I took several pictures, and texted them to my wife cause she was out or town, several calls. In some down time I had at least 30-40 minutes of straight news and some video. I struggled with downloading the lottery app from the lottery servers cause the servers were slow via website and download, that actually took 5% of battery just for that. Wasn't a heavy use day but a full day. The percussion directors fired up the generator we use on field just to charge their iphones at about 6:00pm. Also one of the dads was making fun of my gestures for camera and flashlight. The jokes quickly turned to jealousy though. Only thing missing from that day was having the projector as I rested in the box truck to watch netflix.

Having bluetooth problems but getting a replacement today. That is the only blight on a very good phone experience.

Last edited:

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Absolutely love this phone. No problems what so ever. I wish that it had come as 5.7", instead of 5.5", but i'm still happy with it. Maybe someday Moto will make a 5.7" Droid.:rolleyes:

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
No complaints whatsoever! I love everything about my phone. I do miss a moto voice on one command that doesn't seem to be around anymore, "what's up?" or "read my notifications." Not a big deal, but it's one thing I do miss.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No complaints whatsoever! I love everything about my phone. I do miss a moto voice a command that doesn't seem to be around anymore, "what's up?" or "read my notifications." Not a big deal, but it's one thing I do miss.

Another Moto App features removed? I'm sad. I'm not crazy about the direction of the new Moto App.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
No, it's still there, it just doesn't read existing notifications anymore. She'll still read me incoming texts.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
No complaints whatsoever! I love everything about my phone. I do miss a moto voice on one command that doesn't seem to be around anymore, "what's up?" or "read my notifications." Not a big deal, but it's one thing I do miss.

Try googling OEM Moto sounds. You should get all the old sounds in .ogg form. Then just convert what you want to .mp3..