Honeycomb, Root for D3?

Rocky

Reaction score
As far as I know up until today the D3 comes with the Gingerbread OS and is not rootable yet. But of course I'm a little ignorant in regards to what's really available already. I wanna be up to date.

Can anyone please enlighten me and let me know if and when we can start enjoying these treats?

Thanks in advance,

Rocky

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
I did search a little on the forums, but there's sooo much one can read. However I didn't see much related to my question here.

Just for the record.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well from the title of your thread, it seems as if you're asking about honeycomb for D3 right? Honeycomb is only for tablets. And as for root, there isn't much news about it being posted. Maybe the devs are still working hard on the exploit.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

spunker88

Reaction score
Honeycomb 3.x and Gingerbread 2.3.x are supposed to be merged in the next version 4.0 codename Ice Cream Sandwich. Hopefully this helps some of the fragmentation in Android between tablets and phones. Its supposed to be out in QTR 4 this year.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
woodyman is working on root. At this point there are no exploits to be had for root. The bootloader is locked, and seems to be staying that way for the time being, as motorola has not reupped their position regarding the bootloader.

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
Well from the title of your thread, it seems as if you're asking about honeycomb for D3 right? Honeycomb is only for tablets. And as for root, there isn't much news about it being posted. Maybe the devs are still working hard on the exploit.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!
Sorry, but I didn't see your first post on this thread. Thanks for the info. I didn't know that.

Rocky

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
Honeycomb 3.x and Gingerbread 2.3.x are supposed to be merged in the next version 4.0 codename Ice Cream Sandwich. Hopefully this helps some of the fragmentation in Android between tablets and phones. Its supposed to be out in QTR 4 this year.

woodyman is working on root. At this point there are no exploits to be had for root. The bootloader is locked, and seems to be staying that way for the time being, as motorola has not reupped their position regarding the bootloader.
Will have to exercise the virtues of patience and hope, I suppose. Thanks, guys.

Rocky