1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Honeycomb Music App

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by fused2explode, Mar 13, 2011.

1. fused2explode

fused2explode New Member

Anybody get the new Honeycomb Music App running on OG Droid (CM 7 RC2)?

Here's what I did and for whatever reason still get FCs.

1. Downloaded music app from XDA forum (Honeycomb Music App from Google I/O).
    2. Removed Music.apk and ADW Launcher.apk because there wasn't enough partitioned space allocated to /system/app to be able to just replace stock music app (and I run LP as my launcher).
    3. Mounted system R/W and placed com.Google.music-1.apk into /system/app. Renamed to Music.apk and changed permissions to match all other system apps ( rw-r--r--)
    4. Remounted system as read-only and rebooted phone.

Under Settings > Accounts and Sync I now have the option to sync music but enabling it brings up a FC as does trying to fire up the app from the launcher. Gonna try reverting it back to stock name and installing with ADB.

Any suggestions?

F2E

Sent from CM7 RC2
  2. jengas kahn

jengas kahn New Member

hmm, i've never been able to get it to work by placing it in /system. just installed like a regular unknown source app.
    like you said, you get fc's when you try to sync. so don't sync. the app wasn't meant for 2.2/2.3 so it's not surprising that some of the features don't work.
  3. fused2explode

fused2explode New Member

This can't be installed as a regular app. If u do, it will tell u this is a system application. Proceeding with the install gives a message Application not installed. The app uses the same processes as the stock music app... can u point me to the actual app u downloaded? I guess there's another one on mediafire I haven't tried yet.

F2E

Sent from CM7 RC2
  4. Carpatus

Carpatus New Member

This process worked for me. It comes from mitchprescott over on the CM forums.

- Remount /system as rw in Terminal Emulator/ConnectBot ("mount -o rw,remount /system" OR "sysrw")
    - Remove Music.apk from /system/app ("rm /system/app/Music.apk")
    - Copy Honeycomb Music.apk to /system/app ("cp /sdcard/download/com.google.android.music.apk /system/app/Music.apk" - Your path to the Honeycomb APK may vary)
    - Set permissions on Music.apk to 0666 ("chmod 0666 /system/app/Music.apk")
    Note: At this point, you might start getting force close messages for the music process. Ignore them. It might help to clear data for music in "Manage Applications" under the "All" tab.
    - Using a root-capable file browser, navigate to /system/app and tap Music.apk to install it. It seems redundant, but it's necessary.
  5. fused2explode

fused2explode New Member

Ooh baby. I never thought to reinstall after moving it to /system/app but sir, you're a gentleman and a scholar I thank you. Sync is working now as well!

F2E

Sent from CM7 RC2
  6. jengas kahn

jengas kahn New Member

it seemed as though everything was working (following the directions from xda) then i rebooted and when i try to open the music app it just force closes.
  7. Fireproof1905

Fireproof1905 New Member

so after i install what do i need to do to sync my music from my pc?
  8. fused2explode

fused2explode New Member

Its fairly easy, I just missed the last step as its rarely necessary to install an apk once its placed in /system/app. You need root explorer to do this. Replace music.apk in /system/app with the new one u downloaded. To do this u must mount the system R/W which is the option at the top of root explorer. Then u must change permissions to match all the other apps in that folder. Then tap the icon to install. Only way I could get it going.

F2E

Sent from CM7 RC2
  9. jengas kahn

jengas kahn New Member

yeah, i did it that way, worked perfectly fine, figured out the syncing options in the jumpertest app, and under Accounts and Sync settings...
    then rebooted.
    once i tried to open the app it just gave me a force close, tried opening again, another force close.
    tried deleting data under manage application settings. nope.
    so i went back into root explorer and installed again while it was in /system/app.

this thing really hates being under my system partition, but jumpertest won't even open when i install it in data.

even found another version of the .apk (about 5 mb) ..... same thing.

oh well.
  10. Fireproof1905

Fireproof1905 New Member

so any one know how to use the "CLOUD" i have all the other stuff installed and working but don't know how to sync any music
  11. jengas kahn

jengas kahn New Member

12. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

re-installing the apk after reboot fixes it
Search tags for this page
cm7 stock music apk folder xda

fede music app

honeycomb music apk

honeycomb music player apk

honeycomb stock music apk

honeycomb stock music player apk