1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Honeycomb 3.1 Video Issues

Discussion in 'Motorola Xoom' started by droiddoes87, May 16, 2011.

1. droiddoes87

droiddoes87 New Member

I'm needing help with an issue that I'm having with my Xoom since 3.1. I've converted my blu-ray movies to mp4 to watch and they were playing just fine in 3.0.1. Since the upgrade, my movies will no longer play. I'm getting the message that this video cannot be played. I'm using DVD Fab 8 to convert the movies to .mp4 format. Anyone else have this issue and found a resolution to it yet?
  2. letmebuzz

letmebuzz New Member

I don't know about your particular issue, but did you try to use rock player to watch same video...I am using it and work great, i don't even need to convert any video....
  3. fish1552

fish1552 XOOM RS Team Lead Premium Member

Gotta agree here. The Xoom's video player is crap when compared to third party video players. I use QQ Player and can now keep things in AVI and save all the excess space the MP4 format ate up. I had MP4 from 1.5-4.5GB, while my AVIs are all around 700MB. And as far as clarity, they look great on the Xoom screen.
    You might wanna try one of those players and see what happens. If 1 setting is wrong in the conversion, you will have problem with the native player. *MY* problem was that some movies seemed to play in fast forward before I made the switch.
  4. soulshot96

soulshot96 New Member

I use divx myself.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums
  5. nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie New Member

I too can't watch any of my movie on 3.1 I tried every free video player on the market.

This is ridiculous I spent a lot of money for a chunk of plastic.
  6. Underscore_Hero

Underscore_Hero New Member

Is Rockplayer better?

I have DIVX (avi) movies that work with QQ player, but mp4's are choppy......could it be the 1080p youtube download? (sound is solid, but video lags a bit)

I download youtube vids on highest quality to encode to music, but I keep the music vids to watch.
  7. GeLopez

GeLopez New Member

i also use dvd fav 8 (paid) and it works great i use the dvd-to-iphone/ipod settings
Search tags for this page

all media formats supported by honeycomb

android honeycomb avi player

best android 3.1 video player

video not working android 3.1

xoom mp4 video format compatibility