Honeycomb 3.1 Video Issues

droiddoes87

Reaction score
I'm needing help with an issue that I'm having with my Xoom since 3.1. I've converted my blu-ray movies to mp4 to watch and they were playing just fine in 3.0.1. Since the upgrade, my movies will no longer play. I'm getting the message that this video cannot be played. I'm using DVD Fab 8 to convert the movies to .mp4 format. Anyone else have this issue and found a resolution to it yet?

letmebuzz

Reaction score
I don't know about your particular issue, but did you try to use rock player to watch same video...I am using it and work great, i don't even need to convert any video....

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
I don't know about your particular issue, but did you try to use rock player to watch same video...I am using it and work great, i don't even need to convert any video....

Gotta agree here. The Xoom's video player is crap when compared to third party video players. I use QQ Player and can now keep things in AVI and save all the excess space the MP4 format ate up. I had MP4 from 1.5-4.5GB, while my AVIs are all around 700MB. And as far as clarity, they look great on the Xoom screen.
You might wanna try one of those players and see what happens. If 1 setting is wrong in the conversion, you will have problem with the native player. *MY* problem was that some movies seemed to play in fast forward before I made the switch.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I too can't watch any of my movie on 3.1 I tried every free video player on the market.

This is ridiculous I spent a lot of money for a chunk of plastic.

Reaction score
Is Rockplayer better?

I have DIVX (avi) movies that work with QQ player, but mp4's are choppy......could it be the 1080p youtube download? (sound is solid, but video lags a bit)

I download youtube vids on highest quality to encode to music, but I keep the music vids to watch.

GeLopez

Reaction score
i also use dvd fav 8 (paid) and it works great i use the dvd-to-iphone/ipod settings