1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Honestly who has better service... Verizon or AT&T

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by SkuZz902, Nov 22, 2009.

1. SkuZz902

SkuZz902 New Member

So honestly who has better service? With the ad wars going on and verizon dropping (in my opinion) one of the best phones ever... who has better service?

In service im talking about:
    *Phone Service (bars)
    *3g Service
    *3g Speed
    *Customer service
    *Phone call quality
    *Map coverage
    *Phone quality

and is there anyway to actually verify the statements each of them make about there service?

I had att for about 2 n a half years and iv had verizon for 2 years and about 80% of people i know have att and iv observed that verizon is superior in all areas. There has been a couple insedents that my friend had service with his iphone and i didn't.. but then again i didnt have my droid!
  2. tony1208

tony1208 New Member

I have had verizon for 4 yrs now and love it ,im in north nj and the servicr rocks. I tried att for 2 days and i hated it ,i couldnt get reception in my own house ffs,t mobile ,sprint wroked but noe att.my gf at the time had att and she went through hell ,dropping ccalls left and right,I would never go back to att again or recomend it to anyone in my area.
  3. Twoo

Twoo New Member

It really all depends on your location. I had perfect reception with At&t until I moved- then I couldn't even get a signal in my house. I didn't have a single bar. With Verizon I have 2-3 bars in my house, so no complaints here.
  4. _33

_33 Member

In the Philly area AT&T was about as bad as it could be for me. I would have great reception and a mile down the road drop a call. It would drop calls all the time. My boss thought I was just hanging up on him. Texts would come 15 minutes after they were sent. That was with a work issued phone.

I've been with VZW for 8 years now and honestly I don't ever remember dropping a call. I get full bars in my house and the 3G is amazing. I don't even bother using my wifi in the house.
  5. buckweet

buckweet New Member

I have ATT still with my blackberry bold.. ATT is awful, everytime I want to make a call it takes two attempts, the data is slow anymore and cuts in/out all the time (when using radio apps). My GF has an iphone and has the same experience.. We are in the Columbus, OH area. No issues so far with verizon.
  6. slammed

slammed New Member

I have Verizon for personal use and have had no issues with dropped calls or coverage in the Cincy area. On the other hand I have At&t as a work phone and constantly dropping calls.
  7. hawkeyes

hawkeyes New Member

No Contest. Verizon is the King in Kansas.
  8. RosarioM

RosarioM New Member

The problem with AT&T is that even if you are in a major city and have terrific coverage, their network can't handle the load and you end up getting knocked down to Edge (2g).

The only complaint I have with Verizon is that CDMA is very chatty when there's no coverage. So if I am somewhere where there isn't any coverage for an extended period of time, the battery is drained very quickly. Luckily that doesn't happen often with Verizon.
  9. Twoo

Twoo New Member

REGULAR PHONE COVERAGE

AT&T

[​IMG]

Verizon

[​IMG]

3G COVERAGE

[​IMG]
  10. tripp racioppi

tripp racioppi New Member

helllo...

i'm new to the droidforum. to stay on thread...i've been with verizon since it was contel...that means bag phones, "bricks", and then Treos...just upgraded to the droid from a centra....bit of a culture shock, but i think i will enjoy it.

the service i get from verizon has always been top notch...i have a number of friends who have been on sprint, at&t, other services...most (who pay for the service themselves) have moved to verizon. main reason is coverage area...

r3
  11. grumpy

grumpy New Member

Living in the sticks in NH for me Verizon is better. Esp traveling up and down I89
  12. JimMariner

JimMariner New Member

I have had service with most of them, Sprint, their service sucked, and their customer service was horrible, Had Nextel before Sprint bought them, Same thing, service was good, but not great, AT&T was always spotty. Verizon has always been, hands down the best Provider I have had to date. I travel extensively and very seldom lets me down.

just my 2 cents on the subject. :p
  13. Donkey Hodie

Donkey Hodie New Member

I've been with them all at one time or another (Cingular, AT&T, Sprint, Nextel, Altel, and now Verizon) and Verizon tops them all in coverage and customer service. My only gripe against them is they've generally lagged a bit on new phones and for a long time they seemed to have something against wi-fi in phones. Now, with the Droid, they've solved both problems :D
  14. rothenbj

rothenbj New Member

Silly question

I had T-Mobile for about 10 years on blackberry phone while my gf had STD ones. I never got reception at my house. Their cs was excellent but you had to be somewhere on their limited map. I own. Home in the remote suburbs north of Philadelphia as well as a second home in SW Virginia. Att had coverage in PA and some in VA but a lot of holes getting between the two. Verizon isn't perfect in VA (town is called Hillsville so you can guess the terrain), but OMG, what an improvement.

I just wish I didn't have to nearly double my bill to get here. Of course I got the Droid and she "needed" the Eris. Oh the data plans. Maybe the house phone can go now....
  15. Donkey Hodie

Donkey Hodie New Member

Yep, lose the land line. I haven't had one for 8 years and haven't missed it a bit.
  16. soyboy

soyboy New Member

One of the few national ratings I have seen, Verizon consistently beats AT&T. i have had both over the years and in the DC - Balto. area they both are pretty good, however when you head out to the mid and western part of MD, Verizon has much better coverage. In my county, Verizon has near blanket coverage except up in the watershed areas of the mountains. AT&T still has a lot of holes in their service. Although, AT&T seems to be picking up. I have found both companies customer service to be pretty good when I have had to deal with them.
  17. hal1

hal1 New Member

Simple to figure out - Have you ever known ANYONE to leave Verizon to go to AT&T? I think not.
  18. slammed

slammed New Member

lol, i did have one friend leave Verizon and goto At&t, but he did it so he could get the iphone and be like everyone else.
  19. Guindalf

Guindalf New Member

Yes, actually.

A LOT of people switched to get an iPhone. Not for the network, but for the phone itself.

Happily, now there is an alternative. My NE2 was up in May and I was out of contract in September, so I was seriously considering a swap until the Droid was announced. I refused to pay the "smartphone tax" for anything less functional than the iPhone or as crippled with VZWare as anything Verizon offered, but the Droid, thankfully, changed that.
  20. wil318466

wil318466 New Member

Not even a real poll. Verizon has the #1 service in the country, I believe. but I guess it all comes down to where you maek most of your calls. In Philly, its Verizon or nothing. Everything else sucks.

-Wil
Search tags for this page
at&t or verizon
at&t+wireless+coverage+map maryland
honestly what's better at&t or verizon
how has better service verizon or at&t?
is verizon or att service better in the new orleans area
verizon coverage map oregon
verizon oregon coverage map
verizon reception

verizon reception map

verizon+wifi+coverage map
which has better reception in illinois is it att or verizon
who has better coverage sprint or at&t
who has better customer service; at&t or verizon?
who has better reception verizon or at & t
who has better service verizon or att