Honest opinion......

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
on themes. Go! Launcher, ADW, etc.....

what's your view on them?
Do you mean themes for those launchers? Or do you mean the Launchers/Home Screen Replacement apps?

Either way, I totally in favor of them. I find that they offer additional customizations that the native launcher does not. This kind of stuff is important to some and totally unimportant to others - personal thing.

I used Launcher Pro when it first came out and for about a year and half after. I have tried every single new home replacement that became available. I am now using, and very satisfied with, Zeam launcher. It is not a fully functioned as some of the others, but it seems very snappy and not a resource hog.

Good luck.

OP
X

xcodybx

Reaction score
I meant the home launchers. I used Go! Launcher for a little while, but was not satisfied with the way my phone ran while using it. I am all for customization. VERY FOR it actually.... I'm just worried that it's going to slow my phone down dramatically. Will have to "google" the Zeam Launcher.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I personally prefer Launcher Pro because it's customizable and at the same time seems snappier.

Others' complain about the lack of updates. I actually love that. I hate when I have to redo something because of a major update. Those updates might fix bugs but not having those bugs in the first place is even better. I have experienced only 1 bug. A graphical error with a widget which i've since fixed.

Only other issue is redraw after a cpu intensive session without homescreening for a while but I consider that to be more of a limitation of my phone rather than the launcher itself.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Zeam is in the market. Try it, you'll like it. I went to it when I started having redraw/lagging with Launcher Pro on my Bionic. I've had absolutely zero lagging with it so far.

Good luck.

OP
X

xcodybx

Reaction score
installing zeam right now! will update after I use it for a little while.

OP
X

xcodybx

Reaction score
Hope it works for you. I like it because it's small, clean, lean and mean. Not gimmickry.

EXACTLY! It's stock....but it's not stock...... if that makes any sense?....
it's not obvious that you downloaded a home launcher, but it's obvious for someone to ask you "how'd you do that?!"

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you look at the install size and ram usage its also about half or less than any other launcher.

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
i prefer ADW Launcher EX, i like the UI, size isnt an issue for me. :) I might try others

William_04_x

Reaction score
I paid for Launcher Pro, and use GO. Very happy with GO.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
X

xcodybx

Reaction score
Wasn't QQ Launcher featured on OMG! Droid last week?
I've seen that before....