Honda's New 2016 Civic is Redesigned and Includes Support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
new-2016-honda-civic.jpg

Honda has completely redesigned their 2016 Civic. Besides more aggressive styling & performance as well as more premium internal features, the new Civic will also feature support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Here's a quote with a few of the tidbits,

More use of "soft touch" materials to give car a luxurious feel. Interior has 3.7 cubic feet more space than outgoing model, with 2 inches of additional rear-seat legroom. Seven-inch touch-screen that's compatible with Apple CarPlay and Google's Android Auto. Collision mitigation braking and other advanced safety features available.

It's great to see that the various mobile smart-device makers are finally showing the software prowess in more mainstream automobiles. What do you folks think?

Source: Yahoo

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
That car looks actually pretty decent. Its still no where as awesome as my WRX, but still, much better than generations past. Glad to see more Android Auto equipped cars. I'm still waiting to see the aftermarket head units drop in price.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
So is it one or the other or will it ship with both versions of iOS and Android?

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
So is it one or the other or will it ship with both versions of iOS and Android?
It has both the Android Auto and Apple Carplay

Bill Bailey

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I have a 2016 Civic which I have been using with a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and the Honda Handsfree Link system. It worked great until the phone updated itself to Android Pie. Now when an incoming call hits the system, the ringer on the Handsfree Link never stops even after I disconnect the call. The only way to stop the ringer on the Honda is to cut the car off or reboot the car's audio system. Neither one of these can be done safely while still driving! Anyone else had this experience?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have a 2016 Civic which I have been using with a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and the Honda Handsfree Link system. It worked great until the phone updated itself to Android Pie. Now when an incoming call hits the system, the ringer on the Handsfree Link never stops even after I disconnect the call. The only way to stop the ringer on the Honda is to cut the car off or reboot the car's audio system. Neither one of these can be done safely while still driving! Anyone else had this experience?
Welcome to the Forum. Sorry to hear that. The only thing I can think of is to completely remove the phone from the Honda Bluetooth system, somewhere in the cars Settings is a remove device / forget / reset to factory defaults option. Then completely remove the car stereo from the phones Bluetooth Settings. Then reboot the phone and pair them together again as a brand new connection. Watch for all prompts on the phone and make sure all Permission prompts are enabled as they connect. I have had to do this a few times over the years, with different vehicle Bluetooth systems, after Android OS updates. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

lisajack12

Reaction score
Hello All,
There is a good news for T679 (Samsung Exhibit II 4g) users. The company has finally released the source code of the handset on its website. Opensource dot samsung dot com . Soon we will have unlocking procedure and custom ROMs shall be available in market.
biggrin.gif

Let me know if you are able to unlock. I am following you closely.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum lisajack12. I'm confused though, how does your post correlate to a Honda <> Android Bluetooth issue?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited: