homescreens go blank after exiting from apps

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by kasch18, Jun 21, 2010.

1. kasch18

kasch18 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm on bbv. 0. 2. 1 and launcherpro and notice my homescreens go blank for a minute or so when i return to the home screens after exiting an app. Is this a bug with bb or launcherpro? Everything disappears on my screens so i know it's not just apps on my sdcard,. Also, launcherpro isn't on my sd card. Thanks

2. Yianaki

Yianaki New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is the only launcher you can actually fix this. Unless it's not working with froyo. Make sure you have v 0.6 and just go to preferences and enable keep in memory. Every lancher including stock did what you were saying above until now. I haven't used froyo with the new launcher I already went back to BB 1.1 might not be properly working with froyo.

3. Explosivpotato

Explosivpotato Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem, and "keep in memory" did not help.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. Yianaki

Yianaki New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Really works exactly as advertised in 2.1. Heck the whole machine seems just about perfect with this one fix. Tried to break it but couldn't kick it out of mem with 8 browse r tabs open and music streaming. Everything else was kicked not tlauncher.

BB1.1 has insane 8 hrs streaming music battery life. Can't live without it. Backup and downgrade. Froyo is very beta. Not worth it.

5. kodiak799

kodiak799 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +294
    Ahhhh....Having the same issue with Sweeterhome, sometimes. It's a ram issue, I think, because I've had instances where homescreens don't go blank after closing an app (soft FC of home launcher). In other words, my "lighter" home has run fairly smoothly, the beefier one has this issue.

Anyway, encouraging news for me because I'm sure Pete will fix this. Sounds like I'm not the only one increasingly cursing Motorola only putting 256mgs of ram in this thing (WHY WHY WHY!?! must be forced obsolescence).

6. deputc26

deputc26 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Mine only did this with the 3d app drawer enabled. It looks great (Smooth! Beautiful!) but I get the problem you described. I am on BB 1.1 as well.

7. Yianaki

Yianaki New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Seems that Apps2SD causes this as well, maybe before you even run out of memory. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/53232-launcher-pro.html

I have had the the home screen dissapear with every launcher including Droid stock (no 3d). I think I have a lot of widgets (Lastfm, music, slacker, cubed, pandora, and two picture widgets). And when I have music and lots of browser tabs it pushes homescreen out (whatever I am using at the time, I have used them all).

Only one that has worked for me is v.06 launcher pro with any os, with keep in memory checked.

Search tags for this page

homescreen goes to htc loading screen when exiting an ap

rhyme goes to the white htc every time i exit an app

screen blank app close

what causes galaxy s screen to go blank sometimes

why does my ipod keep on exiting apps and going to hone scre

why does my tracfone revert to a empty screen after using an

why does the apps on my homepage of my kindle go blank?