homescreen lag?

Alex K.

Reaction score
I'm using the stock 5 drawer 3d launcher with 5.0.6.2 and hexfusion theme. When I slide the keyboard open the icons are there but it takes like 5-10 seconds for them to actually be working. I mean I press them but nothing happens so they might as well not be there. Yes I have launcher in memory and no I am not running live wallpaper, any ideas?

I think that this is just an optimization error in Cyanogen.

They'll be working on it, as developers always move towards the perfect version of every ROM. but there is one thing that may help. Enter the terminal, hit menu, reset term, and then type in reboot and hit enter. not su then reboot, just reboot. It usually snaps things up a little.

OP
P

paOol

Reaction score
well, at least i've confirmed its a problem with lag on helixlauncher2, not cyanogenmod itself.

when i use the old home launcher, there's no velocity scrolling, but there is also no lag that i experience when using helix2.

its a trade off i guess, but i'll have to live with the lag for now, because im too used to having the dock on the bottom.

utkanos

Reaction score
I actually found lag with the stock homes in both cyanogen and jrummy so I ended up just using helix 1 which doesn't have these problems for me. I do hope they fix it in the future though.

superglen99

Reaction score
Alex K I did what you said and nothing changed. I did fix permissions just for kicks, no help. Might be unrelated but today my phone was MESSED!! lots of force closes, freezing, wouldnt download apps. I had to do a battery pull twice!! so far so good.....

19DroidRage84

Reaction score
Thanks alex! Did what you said and not getting lag anymore. I'm using helix launcher with 7 screens and a lot of icons!

Alex K.

Reaction score
Alex K I did what you said and nothing changed. I did fix permissions just for kicks, no help. Might be unrelated but today my phone was MESSED!! lots of force closes, freezing, wouldnt download apps. I had to do a battery pull twice!! so far so good.....

My phone went crazy the other day too, I don't have the terminal modification done to it, but my phone heated up to 60*C and just spazzed major. I nandroided back to my original install of 5.0.6.2 but it was crazyy.

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Thank you Alex K and Ayrond!!!
I used both of your tips and my Jrummy Cyanogen Rom is super fast with the Helix 1 now!

I think that this is just an optimization error in Cyanogen.

They'll be working on it, as developers always move towards the perfect version of every ROM. but there is one thing that may help. Enter the terminal, hit menu, reset term, and then type in reboot and hit enter. not su then reboot, just reboot. It usually snaps things up a little.

OP
P

paOol

Reaction score
im using ADW launcher.
and its so gooooood.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
im using ADW launcher.
and its so gooooood.

I'm running this now - part of me wishes I had the four dock buttons instead of two (I know about the six hidden ones, but that's sort of useless to me) - but this is absolutely the fastest launcher I've ever encountered.

microsnook

Reaction score
im using ADW launcher.
and its so gooooood.

I'm running this now - part of me wishes I had the four dock buttons instead of two (I know about the six hidden ones, but that's sort of useless to me) - but this is absolutely the fastest launcher I've ever encountered.

I dont get the whole "6" launcher buttons?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
im using ADW launcher.
and its so gooooood.

I dont get the whole "6" launcher buttons?

If you drag up on the "home" icon (the cube), you'll get another panel where you can dock up to six apps.

bje1982

Reaction score
Alright so Ive been having home screen lag and found this thread and so far Ive gathered that spare parts will not recognize the launcher to "keep iin memory" unless it is in "/system/app" and named "Launcher2.apk" ??

Also is that going to be the fix? I unlock my phone sometimes and the screen is completely unresponsive for a minute sometimes.

I tried different homes and its the same on all so I hope this fixes it.

Just did it anyway to test it Ill post back results but please steer me in the right direction because Im ready to throw my phone out the window.. Actually if I get mad enough Ill just throw my old IPhone out the window instead it deserves it more lol :icon_ banana:

Edit: Same problem is happening someone please steer me in the right direction before this Iphone gets it!!! loll

Last edited: