Homescreen gone.. Phone useless!

vealperm

Reaction score
Greetings!!

My Droid RAZR (rooted, safestrap running Eclipse ROM) has been working fine for the past few months. However yesterday I woke to find my home screen gone, home button vibrates but does nothing. I can recieve calls and notifications, but can't always swipe down to access them. Suddenly I can capture screen shots while pressing the power button and volume down buttons (never could do this before.) I cannot access any apps and need to reboot every time my phone locks.. since swipe to unlock is inaccessible... I was able to backup all of my pictures and videos, want to backup contacts so I can wipe the device, but can't access contacts on the phone.. anyone willing to help?

debrad0307

Reaction score
Usually Google backs up your contacts. Or backup assistant if you have it. I would suggest going back to stock for now. Could be the rom giving your issues.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk

OP
vealperm

vealperm

Reaction score
Hey thanks!

that worked for functionality... but everything on my home screen is the same as it looked before I loaded the Eclipse Rom. I guess I was under the impression that the device would have been wiped when I loaded Eclipse. My contacts unfortunately had not synced before this problem happened, leaving me with the painstaking task of trying to sync with no homescreen. (contact list under stock is as I had left it)

jayetruth

Reaction score
Install a launcher remotely. Play.google.com you'll be ablet to use the Phone to back uP everything