home++

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I shelled out money for OpenHome and was getting several FC a day. Installed Home++ and love it! There's money flushed down the drain.

Been running for several days and just now had a few FC that I think may be related to some new apps I just installed. It lags less than OpenHome, but to be fair I deleted everything from my default home screens so that may have been causing the FC with OpenHome as well.

But I think the real reason Home++ is superior is the bottom app bar widget or whatever you call it. Putting my phone icon there (which can be changed to default to dialer instead of contacts, which was a nuisance) saves space. I also have a hot key in that bar for voice dialer, browser and bookmarks - all of which are useful on any home screen. The best part, IMO, is the ability to hit ! hot button to drop down your task bar to see events (never got the hang of dragging that thing down).

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I shelled out money for OpenHome and was getting several FC a day. Installed Home++ and love it! There's money flushed down the drain.

Been running for several days and just now had a few FC that I think may be related to some new apps I just installed. It lags less than OpenHome, but to be fair I deleted everything from my default home screens so that may have been causing the FC with OpenHome as well.

But I think the real reason Home++ is superior is the bottom app bar widget or whatever you call it. Putting my phone icon there (which can be changed to default to dialer instead of contacts, which was a nuisance) saves space. I also have a hot key in that bar for voice dialer, browser and bookmarks - all of which are useful on any home screen. The best part, IMO, is the ability to hit ! hot button to drop down your task bar to see events (never got the hang of dragging that thing down).

Yea, and you can change the look of those icons too. So theres the glass look with Smoked Glass theme, or theres other icons you can use out there.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yea, and you can change the look of those icons too. So theres the glass look with Smoked Glass theme, or theres other icons you can use out there.

I'm not rooted, and don't think I will (though overclocking is appealing).

But how do you change the look of the icons? I have the App Manager and created custom folders for my installed apps. Mainly, though, how do you change the look of the icons on the bottom widget/task bar? Mine changed from the default to a ghostly white, and it's a bit annoying I can't seem to switch them or change it back to the colored ones.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm not rooted, and don't think I will (though overclocking is appealing).

But how do you change the look of the icons? I have the App Manager and created custom folders for my installed apps. Mainly, though, how do you change the look of the icons on the bottom widget/task bar? Mine changed from the default to a ghostly white, and it's a bit annoying I can't seem to switch them or change it back to the colored ones.

For all I know, you have to be rooted. You might be able to use abd shell to push it over, but don't take my word for it because I don't know how to use abd shell or even how to set it up. But you have to edit the files on the computer and you can make them what you want them to look like.