Home Wifi disables itself

sbergdor

Reaction score
I am constantly having to go into the wireless settings and my home wifi is disabled. I can reenable it and everything is OK until I try to connect the next time. Then I find it disabled again.
Any way to get it to stop disabling my wifi connection?
Thanx all!
Steve

Jstevenmoore

Reaction score
Ditto

I'm having the same issue with my office wireless network. My Droid initially connects in the morning but when I look later it's not connected. When I look at the settings the network shows as "disabled, remembered". Any thoughts?

Thanks!

jayarmstrong

Reaction score
Grrr, new droid2global was working fine, then started having this issue after a wipe & restore.

using:
WPA2 personal
SSID broadcast on
wifi-NG mixed

rosem119

Reaction score
Try this. Menu settings wireless wifi settings menu advanced wifi sleep policy. Change to never.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

rosem119

Reaction score
My experience is that it makes battery life better. I think it's because it is not always searching for a signal.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
My D 1 wont connect to my wifi even after selecting never sleep it still jumps back and forth connect .. not .. searching .. connecting off .. just crazy!

rosem119

Reaction score
I think your problem is different than the one I posted for. I think you may need to change your router security settings. I had to change from WEP to WPA2 when I got my Droid 2. Then it stayed connected.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Okay I Sux !! had put it incorrect password :cus: a 2 day goof up. This is a replacement due to donating my working great phone to the fish. I would have thought it would have advised me some other way than connect .. turning off...searching.. forever! Oh well .. Dumb Me.. Dumb ME. . Dumb Me !! etc

rosem119

Reaction score
If you're sure you just put in the wrong password, all you have to do is go to settings, wireless, wifi settings. Select tap your network name and then press the Forget button. Then redo your setup.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
rosem119,

Thanks once I went to router and I saw the password I put in correct one and phone connected. I had changed the router password and forgot or got mixed up due to a friend called Johnny Walker ! LOL

rosem119

Reaction score
Great! And watch out for that Walker guy. And also Jim Beam! Lol

jayarmstrong

Reaction score
Try this. Menu settings wireless wifi settings menu advanced wifi sleep policy. Change to never.

Thanks but I have that already have that enabled.

I haven't yet figured out our issue but it appears that the d2g chokes when there are two wifi networks with the same SSID/password. Normal devices simply get handed off once the signal drops from one AP. It's not a seamless handoff but it's pretty fast. Once I pared down to one AP, the phones stopped disabling themselves.

spachtkr

Reaction score
Resetting password fixed the problem

I thought I had the correct password because when I first set WIFI up it worked. I am using WPA2.
I went into WIFI settings, chose my WIFI network and hit forget.
After selecting the connection again and entering my password it stays connected.

ssayezzz

Reaction score
hey experts i've a Hi-tech Amaze S200 .and when i am trying to connect it to wifi it shows "remembered" i go to wifi id and click on connect button it again shows "remembered " but on other android handsets like micromax a72 it automatically obtain IP and connect to wifi but my device doesn't obtain IP . my device only searches wifi connection and on connect button "Remembered " shows ... don't know how to fix this problem. answer fast.......