Home++ vs SweeterHome

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by neemo6, Jan 22, 2010.

1. neemo6

neemo6 New Member

What are the major differences between these two apps? Does one cause lag on the phone more than an other? Just wondering what are the opinions are of these.
  2. huskur

huskur Well-Known Member

good question. I also would like a home replacement app but don't know which to choose from. Sweeterhome, Home++, or Panda. I would also like to hear from anyone who has opinions on the 3
  3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

I've used SweeterHome, Home++, 2.1 Launcher and the new Slider... They are all flawed and for many, if not arguably MOST users they are unstable at best... Of the 4 2.1 Launcer was the most stable, at first but eventually even it got corrupted and was FC ALL the time. SweeterHome offers the most options and features but it's VERY unstable if you get too complicated with a theme (and the theme designer SUCKS).

Personally I'm back to stock and waiting on the 2.1 OTA... this update will, supposedly address most of the shortfalls of the current Home Screen so I can deal with it for a few more days.

A lot of people are really liking the GDE Home Screen but even that, for many users is unstable. There seems to be some underlying reason (either installed programs or something in the settings) that many any of these replacements unstable. It may work perfectly for one of the two posters above and the other will have nothing but trouble. IMHO it's not worth seeing which category you fall into if you've already invested any time in customizing/setting your current Home Screen). But to each their own. If you can't wait a few more days try one of them (but be ready for it to 'break' with 2.1 is pushed OTA).
  4. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

I've had home++ for about a week, it force closed once. Otherwise I love it, MUCH better than the default
  5. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

personally i prefer Home++ over all the others because of the clean look at the stablity and speed

Sweeterhome is very tempting and i used it for a bit one of the most customizable homes you can get but takes a long time to get set up right and can get troublsome but if you want the most control that might be your best bet

Home++ would be where to start though see how you like it for a week atleast then try sweeter for a week
  6. frankieg22x

frankieg22x New Member

I love home++, but i am currently using sweeterhome. I like how i can customize everything.

You can make sweeterhome very similar to home++ if you work with it enough.
  7. mpenda

mpenda New Member

I liked Home++, but turned it off as it really slowed down the phone. I'm hoping it'll get resolved and will see what 2.1 shows. Sweeterhome? Bleh. After about 20 minutes of screwing around with it and getting nowhere .... I couldn't un-install it fast enough.

But, when they are free, it doesn't hurt to install and try them yourself. You can live with the prompts for which home to use for a while and flip back and forth and decide.
  8. Aaron636r

Aaron636r New Member

Home++ for me. Works great. Very few FC's
  9. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

I find H++ to be faster then the normal home on my droid oddly enough but there are some widgets that seem to not run well with H++ and running them together really slows it down BW used to cause in issue for me with that but not anymore
  10. SRR1138

SRR1138 New Member

I just got the Sweeter home beta 2.0 or whatever it is. Wow, love it. And I used Home++ for awhile now. I know the phone hasn't even been out 3 months, but I got very used to Home++. Went back to the default, and blah, blah, and more blah, nothing is cool about it at all. However looks like Sweeter is the ticket for now, for me, pending not having any problems. I customized it to my liking...and boy did that take awhile to learn what the heck I was doing.

Ok the truth, I got Sweeter today, and learned it in a morning, but I thought either it was buggy, or user error, mostly turned out to be user error. Almost gave up on editing, and was thinking about going back to home++. I haven't so far, if Sweeter becomes even better I am sure to stick with it for 2-3 months maybe more :icon_eek:. Although, I hope they can make editing a theme a little more easy, and no I don't know how they would.
  11. frankieg22x

frankieg22x New Member

I got the red eye with the first sweeterhome and it wouldn't boot unless i plugged it into the charger. The new beta also seems to take a while to boot up.
  12. taward09

taward09 New Member

I LOVE Sweeter Home and Home++ both. You can't beat the customization of Sweeter Home (I had everything I needed on one screen) but the speed of switching applications and returning to the home screen isn't there. It usually takes about 3 or 4 seconds to get back to the home screen, and that's too long for me when I go to my stock home and get instantaneous results. I'm switching between the stock and Home++ now. When Sweeter Home is released as a more stable and snappy version I'll probably go back to that, but the 2.1 update may trump all of them. I like to have snappy results.
  13. SofaKing

SofaKing New Member

I am using Home++ for now. I spent quite a while customizing SweeterHome and there are things in it that are nice but the speed and simplicity in Home++ cant be beat. Also, I love the Home++ toolbar for whatever reasons.

I still have SweeterHome installed for now and might go back to it sometime in the future. There is a definite coolness with it. It would be great in SweeterHome if you could create a simple screen like Home++ that you can just drop Widgets onto rather than editing the complex theme but still have other more complex screens if that makes sense. In other words I might scroll to a simple screen then scroll to a more complex layerd screen etc. I'd probably use it if I could do that and have a launch toolbar like Home++. I can dream I guess. For now Im sticking with Home++
  14. SRR1138

SRR1138 New Member

My Sweeter pages.

Lets see if this worked...

Attached Files:

15. MontyMo

MontyMo New Member

Both apps slow my phone down especially when scrolling screens. Neither stayed on my phone too long

Monty
  16. iPhoneBlowz

iPhoneBlowz New Member

I've been using Home++ for a couple weeks now. I really like it. Had like 2 FCs in those couple weeks and it does seem to slow the phone down a bit. Not enough to make me dump it though.
    It's a keeper IMO.
  17. huskur

huskur Well-Known Member

just going to wait for 2.1 to come out then i will make a decision on stock or home++
  18. Chris1

Chris1 New Member

Home++ is the most stable which is all I care about :):)
  19. sudermatt

sudermatt New Member

I have been a Home++ user for a while now. I was actually his first donater (so he says ;-)

I had both on my phone for over a week. Sweeter took too long to come up after pressing the home button....like 5-6 seconds. I spent the time learning how to customize. I really gave Sweeter an opportunity to win me over.

Bottom Line
    The customizability is great...but the slowness and FC are just too much for now.

I like the concept, hope they get it all worked out.