Home Switcher does not work properly

n0t4g4iN

Reaction score
Is it me or Home switcher not work properly? I also have Launcher Pro installed and in Home switcher I set motorola as the default laucher but when I hit the home key it always goes into laucher pro. I also set the home button to do nothing in laucher pro and still does the same thing.

Stretch2m

Reaction score
It's not just you - I noticed it too. I've been using the old "Clear Defaults" method for a while now. Not sure when I first noticed it.

OP
N

n0t4g4iN

Reaction score
It's not just you - I noticed it too. I've been using the old "Clear Defaults" method for a while now. Not sure when I first noticed it.

If I wanted to clear the default of launcher for the droid x how would I do that now?

Stretch2m

Reaction score

If I wanted to clear the default of launcher for the droid x how would I do that now?

Droid X huh - that's got Android 2.1 right? Go into Applications, hit menu, select "filter" (I think - I'm doing this from memory because I'm on a Droid 1 with 2.2), and then select "All". This will display not just your apps but the system apps as well - including launcher. Then go into the launcher and clear defaults.

Another thing you can do is temporarily install some other launcher. When you do this, Android automatically clears defaults, so that you get the menu to set default the next time you press the home key. Once you set your new default home, you can uninstall that temporary one. (Note: Android also does this if you un-install any of your home apps, whether they are the default or not.)

OP
N

n0t4g4iN

Reaction score
I did that and i cannot find anything name launcher.

Stretch2m

Reaction score
Oh - sorry about that. I just did a Google and I think it might be called "Home" actually. Is there a "Home" app in the "All" list?

OP
N

n0t4g4iN

Reaction score
There is home app but you can't clear the default