Home Screens Go Blank

czonin

Reaction score
using ultimate droid v10. every once and awhile after sending a sms, or having some other app open, i go back to my home screen and nothing will be there. the only way i have found to fix it is to reboot the phone. anyone know why this might be happening, and a way to fix it?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The home screen good be f/c. Install home switcher from the market and try using that to see if it is the result of the launcher or home screen app they are using.

OP
czonin

czonin

Reaction score
i have home switcher. tried switching around home screens but everything was still blank on the one i use

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
are you using hl2 some one else is having probs with hl2 3d launcher.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pudah

Reaction score
This has been a known issue for some time now. Personally, I had it in 2.0.1 stock, rooted and running the DroidMod ROM. I uninstalled some applications I didn't use, and it seemed to go away for a while, and then came back, but it seemd to be fixed by hitting the home buttong a few times repeatedly which was nicer than having to reboot or close the home process. You can go the the application manager and filter by running and slect home and then choose the force close option and wait a few seconds and that'll fix it faster than rebooting. Also, after installing helix launcher I never had the problem again. I don't know if it is still happening and Helix isnt impacted, but only the stock home screens are affected, or if Helix recovers from it automatically, if helix fixes it or what, but it's an observation. I've also not noticed it since updating to the 2.1 rooted ROM.

OP
czonin

czonin

Reaction score
just happened again. tried pressing the home button repeatedly but didnt do anything. tried the force stop via manage applications and it worked :) thanks for the help