home screen?

farmerscotty

Reaction score
ok on the home screen how do I delete or change the icons I don't have a clue how to even ask this....I have my media player showing, messenging, advanced kill, droid live market , phone, browswer and maps..........how do I change these>? or switch them with others? It is awful to be a dummy! I set in the tractor for 20 min trying to figure out today watching cows eat hay.......

also how do I get a switch to turn off and on blue tooth so it doesn't run all the time I bought a motorola speaker, fm radio transmitter it works super but I don't want to run bluetooth when I am not in a truck or tractor?

Whew..........thanks for the help........Scotty the farmer in Missouri.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok on the home screen how do I delete or change the icons I don't have a clue how to even ask this....I have my media player showing, messenging, advanced kill, droid live market , phone, browswer and maps..........how do I change these>? or switch them with others? It is awful to be a dummy! I set in the tractor for 20 min trying to figure out today watching cows eat hay.......

also how do I get a switch to turn off and on blue tooth so it doesn't run all the time I bought a motorola speaker, fm radio transmitter it works super but I don't want to run bluetooth when I am not in a truck or tractor?

Whew..........thanks for the help........Scotty the farmer in Missouri.

First onthe home screen tpuch the app or shortcut you want to move. Hold it and move it to the trash can. It will turn red then let go. All gone. To add a icon. Touch the screen until you feel it "pop" the select shortcuts or widgets or whatever you want. Search and find it then add it. Boom now your shortcut is on sceen

Second to turn BT off. Go into settings and turn it off there. You can also turn off wifi so it doesn't use more battery when you aren't using it. Welcome to the forum and have a great night

OP
F

farmerscotty

Reaction score
thanks for your help.........that was easy! what about all the extra room to the right and left on the home screen......what can you do with it? anything?

is there a widget to turn on and off bluetooth like wifi?
thanks again you save me big time!

Sleeve

Reaction score
I reckon you can put more stuff on the left 'n' right screens. Stuff you don't use as much.

Yes on BT widget, free ones on market.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
thanks for your help.........that was easy! what about all the extra room to the right and left on the home screen......what can you do with it? anything?

is there a widget to turn on and off bluetooth like wifi?
thanks again you save me big time!

The left and right screens are useful for widgets, shortcuts, etc., that you don't want cluttering your main screen.

Yes, there's a widget to turn bluetooth & wifi on and off. It's the power widget. Long press on the home screen, click add, select widget and it'll be on the list.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
In addition to BlueTooth & WiFi, it has the ability to turn off AutoRefresh,GPS, dim Brightness as well--great way to conserve battery life when they're not needed at the touch of a button.

- Mega

xliderider

Reaction score
The direct dial shortcuts are great to setup as well. Long press on a screen, shortcuts, direct dial, select from contact list. Use it like a speed dial.

If your screen starts to fill up with Widgets/shortcuts, make folders to put them in. Long press on screen, add folder. Long press on your icons till you can drag them into the folder. To rename a folder, tap the folder to open it, long press on the top of the folder, then edit the name.

DroidPilot

Reaction score
If you are looking for a little bit more control and information when using your Bluetooth - to access quickly you can put a "shortcut" on your screen.

long touch> shortcuts> (scroll down) Settings> Bluetooth settings

Then you can long touch and move to place where ever you want.

This short cut will allow you to quickly access Bluetooth on/off, put into "Discoverable" mode, and see what devices you are paired and/or connected to.

Hope this helps

Prost!
Doug