home screen will not change to landscape view

rkclassic06

Reaction score
This has got to be a settingg...I just cant find it. I want to dock my S3 in my truck and have it horizontal and not vertical but I cant get the screen to view in landscape mode.....help....

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
If you pull down the notification bar one of the icons is to turn on/off screen rotation. You may have hit it by accident.

JFrawls

Reaction score
THe home screen does not rotate with the stock ROM and touchwiz... thats just the way it is. You can use a different launcher like Apex or Nova and it will have this funtionality.

Or if you're rooted you can flash a new ROM that includes this.

Goodluck

JFrawls

Reaction score
Not quite true. For some reason my homescreen will go landscape in Touchwiz. It seems to be random.
Not sure if a bug or what but I like it when it happens.

Oh, well idk then lol. I read several threads that said this was just the way it was for touchwiz

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Oh, well idk then lol. I read several threads that said this was just the way it was for touchwiz

The homescreen and the app drawer do not switch to landscape for me with Touch Whiz either. Apps that support it will switch to landscape, but that's it. I'm pretty sure it is a Touch Whiz thing, although it's interesting that the homescreen switches to landscape for Talon8Ya. I've never had it do that when I've deactivated whichever third-party launcher I happen to be using.

To the OP, as JFrawls said, the only way to consistently be able to get the homescreen to switch to landscape is by using a third-party launcher. Apex, Nova, and GoLauncher are all great choices.

Pheq

Reaction score
Just dl the free play store app 'ultimate rotation tool' or 'rotation locker'. Either work great.